Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Small Village

Community Leader Facebook Connected Ascension's Avatar

My two cents echoes Neon's point slightly...path uniformity. Paths used more often will be wider than less used paths as NK said but also there are no real corners at intersections...people always tend to round off their path of travel unless a drill sergeant makes them do parade ground turns. Once you get these paths down it's gonna look even sweeter than it already does.
    If the radiance of a thousand suns was to burst at once into the sky, that would be like the splendor of the Mighty One...I am become Death, the Shatterer of worlds.
    -J. Robert Oppenheimer (father of the atom bomb) alluding to The Bhagavad Gita (Chapter 11, Verse 32)

My Maps ~ My Brushes ~ My Tutorials ~ My Challenge Maps

Post Bigger Picture

Some more good suggestions. I have redone the side roads on all the smaller village houses. The large road to the village manor I have left large.

The attached image is a larger view of the area to include the castle on a small hilltop just beyond the village.

I will upload battle maps of the area a bit later tonight.

I recoginize the village is small for supporting the castle. It is a recently re-inhabited castle, and the village is growing to meet the needs. I will expand it as the local population grows in my game.

Comments are always appreciated. This work though I will be wrapping up soon to begin work on some mountain scenes. The group will be going into some mountain areas to track down the "bad" guys in winter. Next up will be a small mountain mining camp nestled away high in the mountains of the far north of our game world.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Village and castle side.jpg 
Views:	924 
Size:	425.6 KB 
ID:	12692  

Smaller roads. Adjusted some buildings.

Having some issues witht eh texture for the castle, so it will have to wait to be in the top down view.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Village and castlev3.jpg 
Views:	1001 
Size:	1.21 MB 
ID:	12698  

If you can do them, a lighter pattern of secondary paths might make it look more real. That, and a little more variation in the grass colour - areas of drought and green etc...

Dollhouse Syndrome = The temptation to turn a map into a picture, obscuring the goal of the image with the appeal of cute, or simply available, parts. Maps have clarity through simplification.

--- Sigurd

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12