Thread: Real world election maps with Inkscape

Question Real world election maps with Inkscape

Hello everyone,
    I've been making some maps for various wikipedia articles concerning Canadian electoral districts and so on with Inkscape. I take a map of the area and trace out each riding with a polygon, then colour the polygon whatever colour. A bunch of them are shown here. I was hoping to be able to use inkscape scripts to automate this process more. Basically, I'd like the script to go through each polygon in the map and set it to the "active" colour, then save a copy of that map under a relevant name, then reset and do it for the next riding.
    Ultimately, I'd like to be able to use such a script to colour in the map according to election results or other data (population etc), and be able to do it with large maps such as this one.
    Does anyone know where I could begin? I don't have any scripting experience...

Community Leader Facebook Connected Steel General's Avatar

First off... Welcome Aboard!

Not an Inkscape user, so can't help you with your question. Seems like a neat idea tho...
    My Finished Maps | My Challenge Maps | Still poking around occasionally...

Unless otherwise stated by me in the post, all work is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-Noncommercial 3.0 United States License.

Thanks guys.