Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Vegla

Quote Originally Posted by Ascension View Post
    If you're talking about the dark woodcut lines then you could do that with the Wind filter. Make a white layer then make a selection of the land, increase the size of the selection to suit, new layer, fill with black, deselect, merge down, Filter - Distort - Wind (use from left and from right a couple of times), then mask off the area to be visible (or simply delete the lighter tones with Select - Color Range). You could also add a bit of a wave to the lines with the Ripple filter...Filter - Distort - Ripple.
    That was the first way I tried it. I think it works better this way: Selection of land, expand to suit, feather to suit, fill with white, add noise, horizontal motion blur to suit, then sharpen. After you sharpen (sometimes I sharpen two or three times), adjust brightness and contrast and your set.

Depending on the size of my map the wind filter was hell on my processor.
    Regards,

Jim

My Maps

Quote Originally Posted by Bohunk View Post
    That was the first way I tried it. I think it works better this way: Selection of land, expand to suit, feather to suit, fill with white, add noise, horizontal motion blur to suit, then sharpen. After you sharpen (sometimes I sharpen two or three times), adjust brightness and contrast and your set.

Depending on the size of my map the wind filter was hell on my processor.
    I don't have the wind filter. Is that something you can download?
    The road to success is always under construction.

Quote Originally Posted by robb75067 View Post
    I don't have the wind filter. Is that something you can download?
    I have Photoshop Elements 7 and my wind filter is under the stylize tab. I am not sure if you can get this specific one but I am sure there are others out there.
    Regards,

Jim

My Maps

Community Leader Facebook Connected Ascension's Avatar

You're probably right about the motion blur being better...that's the good thing - lots of ways to get similar results.
    If the radiance of a thousand suns was to burst at once into the sky, that would be like the splendor of the Mighty One...I am become Death, the Shatterer of worlds.
    -J. Robert Oppenheimer (father of the atom bomb) alluding to The Bhagavad Gita (Chapter 11, Verse 32)

My Maps ~ My Brushes ~ My Tutorials ~ My Challenge Maps

Quote Originally Posted by Ascension View Post
    You're probably right about the motion blur being better...that's the good thing - lots of ways to get similar results.
    Agreed, but I think its just better for me, others might like using wind. I use to use spatter then motion blur. Then I tried reticulation. Finally using noise gave it that look I was going for.
    Regards,

Jim

My Maps

Guild Novice Facebook Connected

Post cool litte map

Like your map. I just might even use it in a few get togethers

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12