Thread: The land of Kakhabad, Steve Jackson's Sorcery 1-4

Default The land of Kakhabad, Steve Jackson's Sorcery 1-4

I've been looking for a good plotted map of this as a visual aid. It is based on the 4 Steve Jackson's Sorcery adventure books.
    Book 1: The Shamutanti Hills
    Book 2: Khare - Cityport of Traps
    Book 3: The Seven Serpents
    Book 4: The Crown of Kings

Ive found a few rough drafts of this map. But, nothing accurate enough to show where the book storyline encounters and provision breaks are shown.
    I don't mind the map being slightly altered to show a more correct trail of the adventurers path.

I dont mind re-creating this map. But, Im new to mapping and I am hoping that someone already has a good map of Kakhabad that reflects the paths taken by the adventurer.
    I do have rough drafts that I can upload for anyone that wants to take on this project. Credits will go to the persons involved.

I plan on turning these books into a non-profit ad&d 1st edition, 1 player plus 1 DM adventures.
    I plan on dedicating alot of time to do this right.

In AD&D the majority of modules that have been published all require 1 to 6 players. This project is aimed towards 1 to 2 player base.

This is the map from the book. For reference.

Feed back is welcomed.
    Thank You
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	kakhabad.jpg 
Views:	2137 
Size:	752.4 KB 
ID:	25017  

Community Leader Facebook Connected tilt's Avatar
    Blog Entries

Well first of remember that you have to ask for permission for making anything with other peoples copyrights so you don't end up getting dragged to court. Since your project is non-profit you might be able to get off without paying anything (if he is a nice guy and his agent, publishers, lawyers, other licensholders, wife and dog also are *lol*).
    Once the legal stuff is out of the way - the you can start mapping - or asking people to start mapping for you.

Good luck with your project
    regs tilt
    :: My DnD page Encounter Depot free stuff for your game :: My work page Catapult ::
    :: Finished Maps :: Competion maps - The Island of Dr. Rorshach ::
    :: FREE Tiles - Compasses :: Other Taking a commision - Copyright & Creative Commons ::
    Works under CC licence unless mentioned otherwise

You are correct. Im not going to follow through with the Steve Jacksons Kakhabad. I do not need any future head aches.

Probably the best thing I can do is ask the cartographers here permissions to use a collections of there maps and maybe even transform
    them into a living adventure campaign.

So, if any of the above applies. Im looking for a creative world map as well as close ups of it. Credit will be rightfully given.
    (non-profit. Just for fun and for others to adventure in).

Ty

PS:
    It will mainly be the stage for a Dungeon Master and a Player. A place from which alot of solo adventures will be scattered through out the lands.
    and possible a few mass combat battles. (Including naval sea).
    Last edited by Andevar; 05-26-2010 at 05:10 PM. Reason: added a ps

Have you looked at our CWBP? There is a lot of lands there that might work for this. I think it's within the allowed uses but don't quote me on it. Check the CWBP forum or watch someone else to come along here and say yay or nay.
    “When it’s over and you look in the mirror, did you do the best that you were capable of? If so, the score does not matter. But if you find that you did your best you were capable of, you will find it to your liking.” -John Wooden

* Rivengard * My Finished Maps * My Challenge Maps * My deviantArt