Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Rat Children of Mullbury Hill

Quote Originally Posted by NeonKnight View Post
    Ahhhh...wasn't aware this was a 'business' thing. Thought it was a personal mod for Home Group. Hence the PDF. I do my stuff in word and then save to PDF for those who are interested in looking at it.
    I would really like to look at your modules to see what you have done. Also, I really don't have a problem showing you some of my work in progress. I consider myself an amateur writer and input on my work is very important to me.

Quote Originally Posted by BlackLotus View Post
    I would really like to look at your modules to see what you have done. Also, I really don't have a problem showing you some of my work in progress. I consider myself an amateur writer and input on my work is very important to me.
    your wish, my command
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Shrine of Zehir.pdf  
    Daniel the Neon Knight: Campaign Cartographer User

Never use a big word when a diminutive one will suffice!

Any questions on CC3? Post them with CC3 in the Subject Line!
    MY 'FAMOUS' CC3 MAPS: Thunderspire; Pyramid of Shadows; King of the Trollhaunt Warrens; Demon Queen's Enclave

I don't know how I missed so many of these maps, but I really enjoyed this thread. I'm working on documenting the adventures of my new 4e group, and I'll compile them into a module. Its great to see some of the process, as well as Neon's fabulous example.

Of the maps here, my favorite is the cleric's house. I appreciate the 3d maps, but I think I'm just a little old-fashioned so they don't strike me as well as they probably should. My only other feedback is that the colors on the secret passage maps are a little similar in my eyes.

If you haven't already, you should look into the Pathfinder system, which is an update to the 3.5 rules. They may be interested in publishing your module. If you look through threads by GamerPrinter on this site you will see some of the work he is doing for a module he is publishing for his Kaiden world.

Thankyou for posting your adventure module, I have looked at it and I was impressed with the work that you have done. I'll need sometime to go through it before I'm able to critique it further. As far as I can tell it module appears to be a hack-n-slash type of adventure where the players enter different areas and battle the nasty monsters that are there. I'm trying to do something radically different, but yet it has an old school Dungeons and Dragons feeling about it. Is there a way that I can send my work to you without posting it online?

Yeah, Myself and most of my groups prefers the 'Hack-n-Slash'. Because we often only meet every 2 to maybe 4 weeks, it works better for us than more RP Intensive mods. Also, the mod was written to replace the Pyramid of Shadows as a 'between mod' of Thunderspire and Trollhaunt Warrens.
    Daniel the Neon Knight: Campaign Cartographer User

Never use a big word when a diminutive one will suffice!

Any questions on CC3? Post them with CC3 in the Subject Line!
    MY 'FAMOUS' CC3 MAPS: Thunderspire; Pyramid of Shadows; King of the Trollhaunt Warrens; Demon Queen's Enclave

Post Intro Story

Here is the background story that I have done. This is the only writing that I'll post that is going to be in the actual module once it has been published.

Evil in the form of a Rat!
    Bartholomew with the holy book in his arms had just wished his two brothers, Dominic and Petras, a goodnight. The two brothers left the Cathedral and went to the Estate located on top of Mullbury Hill to rest for the night. Bartholomew wanted to join his brothers, but he had just remembered to return the holy book back onto the altar in the hall of worship.
    The priest enters the main hall where the people come to worship the true god. He notices that the chamber has a sinister aura about it whenever nightfall comes. Brother Bartholomew always has an unsettling feeling when he enters the hall of worship during the hours of darkness. The pews where the people sit during the day cast eerie elongated shadows at night. The silhouettes of rats can be seen running across the windowsills, backlit by the moonlight shining through the stain glass. But some how this night was to be different, Bartholomew can sense it; something evil is lurking within the shadows.
    As Brother Bartholomew places the holy book upon the altar, he notices a rat staring at him from the aisle way between the two rows of pews.
    “Shooo go away rodent. I’ll have nothing to do with you this night”, whimpered the young priest.
    Unfortunately for Brother Bartholomew, the rat just stood there and stared, instead this time it had a human-like grin on it’s face. Suddenly the fiendish rat lunged at the priest with a vicious attack. It bit into Brother Bartholomew’s skin repeatedly until the young priest’s robes were soaked with his own blood. Now visibly scarred by the rodent’s relentless attack, Bartholomew’s body falls to the floor. The body of priest spasms as it begins its transformation into a monstrous humanoid rat-like creature. The Were-rat, Craven, has been reborn.

The Were-rat Craven woke from his eternal sleep, only to see a fiendish apparition appear before him. He sees the Devil Lord Hexxis standing over him and realizes that this infernal entity was the one who had resurrected him back to life. The Devil Lord Hexxis speaks,” Craven, this is the temple of the forbidden god. If Knowledge of this god spreads throughout the lands then the control that we have over this world will be lost. The monsters and mythical creatures, which were born from the Dreamtime Mists will cease to exist. You, Craven, will also cease to exist along with them if you fail in your mission.”

Craven, falls to his knees in a gesture of obedience to the infernal Lord and cries,” My Lord Hexxis what would you have me do to stop the knowledge of this forbidden god from spreading across these lands?”

“Craven, you must start by killing the other priests who come to this temple. Use your shape-shifting ability and assume the form of Brother Bartholomew, this will allow you to perform this first task without difficulty. After you have killed them, then you will infect their bodies with your blood. This will transform whatever life they may have left within them into were-rats, who’ll obey you without question.”

Craven suddenly interrupts the infernal lord with a statement of his own,” Yes, my lord Hexxis, I see this plan of yours develop within my mind. When the people come here to worship this forbidden god we will set a trap for them. We will kill them all!”

“Craven”, Hexxis interrupts,” You will kill all but one person that comes to this temple. That one survivor will then tell others about the evil thing that this god did to the people who worship him. The people will grow to fear and hate this forbidden god and no one will ever come to worship him again.”

“Is there anything else that you wish for me to do, Lord Hexxis?” asks the Were-rat as he shape-shifts into the form of Brother Bartholomew.

“Yes Craven, one of my agents is amongst the brothers nine. He is a traitor to them and their god. He has a strongbox hidden within a secret room in front of a shrine that is dedicated to me. I want you to tear your beating heart from your chest and place it within that box. If you are killed in battle, then you will be resurrected back to life and physically reappear wherever the box containing your heart is located. Anyone who opens this box and looks upon your beating heart, Craven, will be transformed into a ratling that will obey your commands. However, I must warn you, should a crying child gaze upon your heart. Then those tears from the crying child, that fall upon it will destroy you.”

“I will immediately put your plan into action, Infernal Lord Hexxis,” cries Craven as he watches the vision of the fiend fade from his sight."

Quote Originally Posted by msa View Post
    I don't know how I missed so many of these maps, but I really enjoyed this thread. I'm working on documenting the adventures of my new 4e group, and I'll compile them into a module. Its great to see some of the process, as well as Neon's fabulous example.

Of the maps here, my favorite is the cleric's house. I appreciate the 3d maps, but I think I'm just a little old-fashioned so they don't strike me as well as they probably should. My only other feedback is that the colors on the secret passage maps are a little similar in my eyes.

If you haven't already, you should look into the Pathfinder system, which is an update to the 3.5 rules. They may be interested in publishing your module. If you look through threads by GamerPrinter on this site you will see some of the work he is doing for a module he is publishing for his Kaiden world.
    Thank you for your comment, what do you think about the story?

Okay, I have spend a lot of time creating this map object. It's a bronze statue of a ratman holding a red crystal. By placing the silver rat's head amulet into the impression on the crystal the adventurer will be able to activate a teleporter plateform. The teleporter will immediately transport the PCs to the Cathedral of the One God. I hope that you enjoy this image.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Ratman Statue.jpg 
Views:	218 
Size:	210.0 KB 
ID:	16731  

Default Final Maps For Rat Children

Since I have copyrighted my material, I would like to share with you the final 2 maps that have been completed for my module.

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Ratmaze DungeonMaster BM.jpg 
Views:	245 
Size:	3.67 MB 
ID:	30475Click image for larger version. 

Name:	The Cathedral DM Map.jpg 
Views:	176 
Size:	3.44 MB 
ID:	30476

Community Leader Facebook Connected tilt's Avatar
    Blog Entries

Hi BlackLotus, those look really good - if I should come with a little critique it would be that you only need one triangle pr rough terrain square, and that the counters could be a little smaller as they "distracts" from the map ... but looking great, nice and clear colors
    regs tilt
    :: My DnD page Encounter Depot free stuff for your game :: My work page Catapult ::
    :: Finished Maps :: Competion maps - The Island of Dr. Rorshach ::
    :: FREE Tiles - Compasses :: Other Taking a commision - Copyright & Creative Commons ::
    Works under CC licence unless mentioned otherwise

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast