Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: [Award Winner] Eneini: a medieval city tutorial (in Photoshop)

The results look great, so I am definitely going to take a look at the tutorial
    Also visit Dundjinni, Four Ugly Monsters, the Nook, Battlegrounds Games, Fantasy Grounds, RPTools, RPGMapShare, Eruvian, Dragon Roots, RPG Virtual Tabletop, Troll Lord Games, GameMaster Syndicate and meny, many others

Map Pyrandon's Tutorial was Terrific

I have had little to no experience with using Photo Shop and additionally have never attempted to create my own fantasy map. I followed the tutorial and 12 hours later I had my first map. I am so pleased with being able to create anything on Photo Shop and want to offer Pyrandon my sincere thanks for developing and sharing his well put together tutorial.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	City-of-Raphael.jpg 
Views:	2231 
Size:	711.7 KB 
ID:	558  

Make sure to give him some rep for it.
    Bill Stickers is innocent! It isn't Bill's fault that he was hanging out in the wrong place.

Please make an effort to tag all threads. This will greatly enhance the usability of the forums.

Awwww...shucks!

Thanks, I really appreciate it! Seeing your results totally made my day. Glad I can help in some way.
    Don
    My gallery is here
    __________________________________________________ _______
    "Keep your mind in hell, but despair not." --Saint Silouan [1866-1938]

Very nice tutorial! I might give it a try for an upcoming project, provided I can get my current map done sometime in the next eight months.

I haven't read through very much yet, but I did notice one place where an improvement can be made regarding shadow placement: Instead of trying to remember which direction your light is coming from, you could simply draw an arrow on a trash layer.

I like to keep notes like that on my working documents, where I can refer to them easily rather than having to sift through a stack of other pages. Which is not to say that I don't generate a lot of handwritten notes all over my desk... I'm afraid I make a terrible mess in my work area.
    Bryan Ray, visual effects artist
    http://www.bryanray.name

Thanks for that arrow suggestion, Bryan--nice one!

As I re-look at this map tutorial (coming up on what, a year later?) I see plenty of places where I would do both slighter and larger modifications to that process, for I really was learning PS as I worked (which is one of my primary reasons for making tutorials in the first place). Now that my bag o' tricks is a bit more stuffed, I may have to go back and revisit/revide it some day. I will certainly be using the arrow suggestion
    Don
    My gallery is here
    __________________________________________________ _______
    "Keep your mind in hell, but despair not." --Saint Silouan [1866-1938]

It's an anniversary bump even!
    Bill Stickers is innocent! It isn't Bill's fault that he was hanging out in the wrong place.

Please make an effort to tag all threads. This will greatly enhance the usability of the forums.

Guild Novice

This really needs to be stickied

Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast