Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst 12345

Thread: [Award Winner] Eneini: a medieval city tutorial (in Photoshop)

Guild Novice

Just wanted to thank you for the great tutorial and providing me with knowledge to make my first map here at the guild!

http://www.cartographersguild.com/fi...-tutorial.html

-Mkoth

I also followed this tutorial to make a map, and I write to thank pyrandon the author!

Guild Member Facebook Connected wisemoon's Avatar
    Blog Entries

Just wanted to add my thanks for the tutorial. Also, while the mosaic filter in Photoshop is a good way to get a bunch of buildings, it does seem a bit too uniform. I was playing around a few days ago and discovered that with appropriate settings, the cracquelure filter works better. You end up with roughly square and rectangular shapes with grooves between them, which I imagine could be selected and deleted to reveal the road layer. I'm posting this on my iPhone at work, but when I get home and get some results I will post them here.

Hello,

I know that this thread is an old one (if I made a mistake by posting here, please accept my apologies), but I wanted to thank the author of this tutorial.

I'm a young frenchman (by the way, I know that my english isn't really correct but I still wanted to thank the author) and desperately I looked for a "how to draw a fantasy map" tutorial in my native language. I hit a brick wall. As a result, I started to surf the web but this time in english. After watching a video on youtube, I followed the link on the video and I ended up on your website and I found this tutorial.

Immediately, I liked the map drawn by pyrandon, "Eneini". Then, I installed a evaluation version of photoshop and I downloaded the pdf tutorial.

After hours of effort over several days, with any knowledge of photoshop, I achieved this result :

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Nobeorsa.png 
Views:	555 
Size:	3.49 MB 
ID:	68737
    (names are in french)

I don't know if it's ok or not, but I think I was satisfied.

Whatever, thanks a lot, pyrandon, for this tutorial. It even helps people in other countries ! I will keep preciously this tutorial.
    Also, I thank the Cartographers' Guild for this very useful website.

Thank you for your sharing!

Guild Novice Facebook Connected Nim Tara's Avatar

Waaa thank you for the tutorial!!! I wanted to try to make my own map with Photoshop for so long... and your tutorial is simple and amazing!!!

Guild Novice

Nice tutorial!

Wow--as you can all see, I don't "haunt" my old stomping grounds very often (I'm like Haley's Comet, I guess), but I was astounded and flattered to see so many nice comments about this tutorial. Thank you.

But more importantly, what a bunch of great maps you've all made! Nice going! Excellent work, everyone! Keep it up!
    Don
    My gallery is here
    __________________________________________________ _______
    "Keep your mind in hell, but despair not." --Saint Silouan [1866-1938]

Great to see you back at the Guild pyrandon!

Cheers,
    -Arsheesh

Community Leader Facebook Connected tilt's Avatar
    Blog Entries

Pyrandon... wow.. been a while.. and I've been mostly gone the last 4 years
    regs tilt
    :: My DnD page Encounter Depot free stuff for your game :: My work page Catapult ::
    :: Finished Maps :: Competion maps - The Island of Dr. Rorshach ::
    :: FREE Tiles - Compasses :: Other Taking a commision - Copyright & Creative Commons ::
    Works under CC licence unless mentioned otherwise

Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst 12345