Thread: Tomb of Slayton Khorvus: Knight of Ravens

Community Leader Facebook Connected Steel General's Avatar

Map Tomb of Slayton Khorvus: Knight of Ravens

Slayton Khorvus was the pre-eminent warrior-priest of his age. High in the councils of the God of Vengeance/Revenge/Etc, he crossed the land dispensing justice as his chosen deity so willed. An implacable foe, he let no barrier, no argument dissuade him from his goal of bringing to the world what he believed was ultimate justice.

With his final passing the church felt obligated to honor their greatest warrior and contracted a tomb be built in the hills above the Raven’s Spire, Khorvus’ patron temple and bestowed upon him the title "Knight of Ravens".

The tomb/crypt consists of four circular rooms carved into a great mound of rock.
    • Entry way: Behind a sealed slab of rock stairs lead up to a large circular room dominated by slightly glowing raven statues set into niches. A great golden seal lies embedded in the floor. Behind the raven statue set into the eastern niche a false wall conceals a passage leading to the treasure room. Through double doors on the north wall a passage leads to the shrine and the burial chamber.
    • Treasure Vault: The entry to this room is guarded by two raven statues. On a raised dais in the center of the room lies Slayton Khorvus’ armor and weapons. Nine chests filled with various coins and other valuable items line the distant wall.
    • Shrine of the Raven: More statues line the walls of this chamber; two ravens, two knights and two raven-winged valkyrie. Sitting on a raised dais lined with softly glowing urns is an immense statue of a raven in flight. More raven images are embossed on the floor leading to the dais.
    • Burial Chamber: The domed roof of this chamber is supported by eight pillars carven with the likeness of various ravens. Four more golden seals lie at the cardinal compass points. Atop the raised dais sits the great golden sarcophagus containing the remains of Slayton Khorvus.
    Created in Photoshop (for the I.C.E. Crypt Map Contest) using primarily pattern overlays and other layer effects. There are a bunch of objects from the Dundjinni user creation forums, most with at least some small bit of manipulation on my part.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	ICE-Crypt Contest-Final.jpg 
Views:	1359 
Size:	4.30 MB 
ID:	12653  
    Last edited by Steel General; 04-21-2009 at 01:40 PM.
    My Finished Maps | My Challenge Maps | Still poking around occasionally...

Unless otherwise stated by me in the post, all work is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-Noncommercial 3.0 United States License.

I love the raven theme, I think it's well used here through simple variation. A++ would raid again.

Professional Artist Facebook Connected Blaidd Drwg's Avatar

Love it!
    I'm sure I'll need a cool tomb for one of our D&D-sessions at some point

Great finished work, SG. The details are great and I love the raven seals, but the sarcophagus is still my favourite element of the map.

DMG