Thread: A bleak new world

Post A bleak new world

Using Ravells's new tutorial for this one. Not sure exactly where it's going, as I was at first just messing around trying to figure things out. I quite liked how it was turning out, so I decided to go with it and see where it ends up.

You can tell by the labeling that it's got to be somewhere dark and mysterious. I'm somewhat terrible at naming things, so that's proving to be th emost difficult part at the moment.

If you haven't checked out the tutorial, do so. For me personally, it's the best one I've seen here yet... and that's saying something!

Here's the map:
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Untitled-1.png 
Views:	134 
Size:	1.84 MB 
ID:	12744  

:: Blush :: Thanks IG, although I've just discovered Ascension's way of making coastlines and that really rocks.

I always do my labelling in a vector application - it's ten times easier to edit, move things around etc without having to hunt through millions of individual layers.

Quote Originally Posted by ravells View Post
    :: Blush :: Thanks IG, although I've just discovered Ascension's way of making coastlines and that really rocks.

I always do my labelling in a vector application - it's ten times easier to edit, move things around etc without having to hunt through millions of individual layers.
    I really don't have the patience to learn Inkscape right now, though... then the whole importing and exporting thing.. gah!

But I'm sure I'll get to it soon enough.

-IG

Guild Artisan Facebook Connected

I like it, looks good!
    I think, therefore I am a nerd.
    Cogito, ergo sum nerdem.

Check out my blog: "The Undiscovered Author"
    It's the story of a writer... follow me in my simple quest to get published, and share your own writing stories, adventures and writerly tips.

Pimping my worldmap here. Still WIP... long way to go, but I'm pretty proud of what I've done so far...