Thread: The beginnings of a new world...

Threaded View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

Post The beginnings of a new world...

Okay, unless I have commented on someone else's work in the past and forgotten about it, this is my first post ever here. I know it is my first ever map to upload. I make tons of them, but feel so unworthy compared to what gets posted on this site!

The main reason I post this is because I have seen the numerous threads for WIP maps in which the forum here helps the author to make their map better than it would have been. And I would love any input anyone has.

So far, I have a small region of my home campaign mapped out, just what the players have discovered thus far. I have vague ideas for more, but nothing really set in stone; other than everything south of this map is uncharted (but not deserted) wastelands. Thus, no existing maps for it and its myriad of small villages, hovels, lairs, and whatnot (of course, this is where the players are about to go!)

Otherwise, this world is a blank slate. I have looked with an envious eye at many of the world maps on this site, thinking perhaps to borrow one and modify it to fit this parcel into it, but guilt and picky-ness have both prevented me from doing so. I haven't yet found one that conforms to what I have, with room for uncharted wastelands, and that I like the overall appearance of, and which is unlabeled. Plus I would never steal a map without the author's permission, if I did encounter one such.

Anyway, ramblings over for now, here is my mediocre objet d'arte

[edit] I know there is no scale on the map - the players have not yet learned of any distances in miles or kilometers or leagues or whatnot. On horse's back, typical 8-10 hour traveling days, on a decently maintained road, from Kerrowyn to the Lonely Lass roadside inn is about 2 weeks. Roughly 1 week more on to Bumbleberry Blossom, and another week to the Silver Mines. Off-road, from the Lonely Lass to the Druid's Grove is about a week and a half, and from there to Abeyr's Lair is just under 3 weeks. So the actual physical distance can be extrapolated from that; but I haven't created an exact scale as of yet.

Wow, even my edit is long-winded today!
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	mynewmap.png 
Views:	80 
Size:	304.5 KB 
ID:	12790  
    Last edited by karossii; 04-27-2009 at 03:00 PM.