Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: My 1º map. My world project ^^

Wip My 1º map. My world project ^^

Hii. I´m working in a world and of course on his maps.

Actualiced on post 6.

Now I starting to do a global map . I use it to do the diferent regions maps.
    The world is a Fantasy one with dragon people. Each continet is for a tipe of a dragon. The center island and the next islands are for the fire dragons . The large continent is for the earth but the part on the left is for the wind. The rest lands are neutral. And the oceans are for the water dragons .

I draw it by hand but I want to redo it in photoshop. For the moment is only a sketch.
    But first i appreciate if you can help with the bugs.
    I only put mountains, rivers and lakes (maybe a lot of rivers?) I try to do the ocean currents too but i´m not sure if they are right XD

Thank you so much for all.
    Pd: Sorry for my bad english T^T If someone knows Spanish i Talk about my project inthis blog (heresuntdragones.blogspot.com)
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	mundoarkeguild.jpg 
Views:	151 
Size:	1,015.4 KB 
ID:	12792  
    Last edited by arkenaya; 04-28-2009 at 03:22 PM.

Hey Arkenaya,

Welcome to the site.

Your map looks pretty good to me. I don't know how you're going to digitize it so I took the liberty of expanding the central image to 5000 px across and 300 dpi.

I think I missed two islands in the upper north west.

This is the sort of thing I'd like to start with so I hope its useful. Its already a better world map than some I've seen .

Have some rep!

Name:	mundoarkeguild big bw.jpg 
Views:	157 
Size:	1.30 MB 
ID:	12800   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	mundoarkeguild big clr.jpg 
Views:	134 
Size:	1.60 MB 
ID:	12801  
    Last edited by Sigurd; 04-27-2009 at 10:10 PM.

Dollhouse Syndrome = The temptation to turn a map into a picture, obscuring the goal of the image with the appeal of cute, or simply available, parts. Maps have clarity through simplification.

--- Sigurd

Thank you very much. I make a photo to the draw because i use a A3 paper to draw it ... T_T too big for the scaner. I want to make it bigger when i redraw it on the computer and more clear, I think when i put colours on it It will be better XD.

And thank you for the wellcome.

Blog Entries

I'm not exactly sure what it it is that I'm looking at but I like it already.

Community Leader Facebook Connected Ascension's Avatar

This looks like a really good start. I think that the ocean currents are not necessary unless you intend to do a full scale climate research project. I say, put a desert where you want it as long as it is some place that is hot. So far, so good and welcome
    If the radiance of a thousand suns was to burst at once into the sky, that would be like the splendor of the Mighty One...I am become Death, the Shatterer of worlds.
    -J. Robert Oppenheimer (father of the atom bomb) alluding to The Bhagavad Gita (Chapter 11, Verse 32)

My Maps ~ My Brushes ~ My Tutorials ~ My Challenge Maps

Thank you so much for the coments.

Sigurd: Wow in color too thank you ^^

Ascension. well, I want to do a full scale climate reseach project XD. I want to do a entire world not only the maps, his history, races, characers , etc.
    But thank you so much for the advice.
    Today I redraw it in photoshop, I do the coast more rougnes and add some islands . Tomorrow I will draw the mountains.

Name:	Mundo base.jpg 
Views:	164 
Size:	3.54 MB 
ID:	12817  

Very pretty Ark.

Looks good. I wonder if its possible to come up with a colour scheme that changes the river colours as it changes the land?

Good luck

Dollhouse Syndrome = The temptation to turn a map into a picture, obscuring the goal of the image with the appeal of cute, or simply available, parts. Maps have clarity through simplification.

--- Sigurd

Community Leader Facebook Connected Steel General's Avatar

The 'continent' in the south-west is definitely interesting in shape.

Looking forward to seeing this progress.
    My Finished Maps | My Challenge Maps | Still poking around occasionally...

Unless otherwise stated by me in the post, all work is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-Noncommercial 3.0 United States License.

Looking good there.

But if you're doing a world map, it would be best to start thinking about Cartographic projection as early as possible. Adding it lateron will just end in tears. I suggest studying equirectangular (Plate carrée, geographic, etc.), because it is in computerised maps a lot.

Sigurd: Thanks you . I don't know if I understand you corret , sorry . You say that the color of the rivers would be diferent in each land? If it´s corretc it may be a pretty idea. The rivers colors depends on the land minerals.

Steel General: Thank you I like it too. I´m want to do something like north of canada.

Naeddyr: Thank you for the advice. Now I´m goint to try to do it . I think the equirectangular may be a good projection too in my map because I don´t have a lot of lands on polar regions.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast