Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Tweeberg (City Designer 3)

Post Tweeberg (City Designer 3)

I think I am done with this city now, so I decided to post it up in the Finished Maps section. The city was created using City Designer 3, with some post-processing in Paint Shop Pro and The Gimp.

City description
    Tweeberg (translated literally: Twomountain) is the gate to Sirilion, the largest city in my world. Most parts of Tweeberg are favorably located on cliffs, while the middle lies in a valley, forming the best access to Sirilion and other cities to the south. Tweeberg has always been very important for the safety of Sirilion and it is heavily fortified with multiple walls, keeps and a castle. Walls head out of the city to the east and west, to block the enemy's passage to the south. The area directly to the north of the city is a desolate no man's land. The rulers didn't want any farmland or buildings there, as they could potentially aid the enemy in a siege.

All the goods flowing into or from the south pass through Tweeberg and the city has a lot of warehouses and inns. It also has a lot of workshops, as the cliffs and mountains in the vincinity yield plenty of ore. The main road runs through the valley, but there are also passageways leading into the cliffs and to the higher grounds. A large wall called the "Skyway" acts as a connection between the east and the west of the city.

Tweeberg's fighting school produced some of the finest swordsmen in the world, but the city was mostly infamous because of it's arena. During the rule of the wizards there were bloodsports going on and a lot of poor people and slaves were killed. It was sometimes joked that the arena was there to make sure Tweeberg's population wouldn't grow larger than Sirilion's.

The map represents the city as it was a few years ago. Large parts of the city were destroyed during a two year siege by the Alliance.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Tweeberg_final5.jpg 
Views:	3470 
Size:	1,020.2 KB 
ID:	12823  
    Check out my City Designer 3 tutorials. See my fantasy (city) maps in this thread.

Gandwarf has fallen into shadow...

Good golly. You never cease to amaze me.

Community Leader Facebook Connected Steel General's Avatar

I'm surprised your mouse hand didn't fall off and your eyes fall out of their sockets.

Another great job Gandwarf!
    My Finished Maps | My Challenge Maps | Still poking around occasionally...

Unless otherwise stated by me in the post, all work is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-Noncommercial 3.0 United States License.

Wow. Just.....WOW.

I keep on wanting to zoom closer to see the details better. Nice...

As a CD3 user I know there's only two things that go into creating a metropolis like this - an eye for detail and a heavy dose of painstaking hard work.

I can only map towns and villages with CD3. Cities just take me too long, so I usually do them in a different style (like John Speed). Have some well-deserved rep, buddy!

DMG

Thanks all. The feedback on the forum is a great motivator for finishing maps like these.
    Check out my City Designer 3 tutorials. See my fantasy (city) maps in this thread.

Guild Applicant
    Retired to Northern New York. But spent 25 years living in California

Fantastic! I`m new so forgive me , but I have to ask this .Which mapping software out there do you recommend?

I am working with Campaign Cartographer 3 and the City Designer 3 addon by Profantasy and I can certainly recommend it to other people. But it kinda depends on your needs. What kind of maps do you want to make and with what purpose? There's loads of other ways to make maps.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast