Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: New World WIP - Eurosivarae

Wip

Lots of editing going on as I rebuild the elevations here, and I needed a brief break from the effort, so I thought I'd see what FTPro thought about the climates from its own point of view. In the long run, and once I have the answer to a question I posted in the Software section, I'll likely do a lot of adjusting to the temperatures and rainfall values to get things looking like I want them as far as world climates go. In the meantime, here's what FTPro thought the climates should look like based on Joe's climate model included with the Terraformer add-on.

GW
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Eurosivarae_CS_Base_Climates.jpg 
Views:	65 
Size:	812.2 KB 
ID:	12866  
    GW

One's worth is not measured by stature, alone. By heart and honor is One's true value weighed.

Current Non-challenge WIP : Beyond Sosnasib
    Current Lite Challenge WIP : None
    Current Main Challenge WIP : None
    Completed Maps : Various Challenges

Community Leader Facebook Connected Steel General's Avatar

Very cool, I'd say temperate to sub-tropical.

I like it.
    My Finished Maps | My Challenge Maps | Still poking around occasionally...

Unless otherwise stated by me in the post, all work is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-Noncommercial 3.0 United States License.

Well, the bad news is that this is taking me longer than I expected because I keep distracting myself with little experiments but the good news is, my thought process to get through this and my experiments are proving to be fairly successful at this point. Between Terragen, GIMP and Wilbur, I'm taking control of the elevation file in ways that would take . . . well it's always taken me days to accomplish the same thing in FTPro alone, and even then, I was never fully happy with the results. If I can just focus now, I should have something to post before the night is over, but, more likely than not, it will be Saturday or Sunday before I'm ready to post the completed elevation model.

GW
    GW

One's worth is not measured by stature, alone. By heart and honor is One's true value weighed.

As it turns out, this weekend was a bust as far as working on this project goes. Work related problems tied me up for almost 30 hours between Saturday and Sunday, but now, or so I hope, it's back to work on this thing, armed with a couple new ideas for tweaking out the elevations. And to think, I've not pulled out one strand of hair yet while working on this. A good sign, yes?

GW
    GW

Community Leader Facebook Connected Steel General's Avatar

What! No lost hair, what kind of mapper are you? j/k
    My Finished Maps | My Challenge Maps | Still poking around occasionally...

Unless otherwise stated by me in the post, all work is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-Noncommercial 3.0 United States License.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12