Thread: Forum Newbie - Map Dump

Threaded View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Guild Applicant Facebook Connected

Map Forum Newbie - Map Dump

Hi!

I'm new to these forums - I thought RPG mapmaking was a rarer skill than, it turns out, it is I know I'm supposed to first post on the forum introduction board, but I'd rather open with some maps I've finished working on recently by way of an intro

I've been making maps for friends for years, but my style has definitely improved in the last little while. I specifically build maps for square-based D&D style combat encounters, and have been known to use them for OpenRPG sessions.

So here are a few I've been working on recently. I've started up an RPG blog with a writer friend, and maybe if it gets going I'll start handing around a URL for a few encounters/adventures we've written.

Three maps - two of a young/adult red dragon's lair (complete with lava pools in the entrance of the cave, and an island on a lake of lava for the lair itself). I built all of these using The GIMP 2.6. Finally, if you're worried about the "wip" part of the filename, don't worry - they're all "completed", but I like to keep all of my work as "work in progress" until it's actually used, tweaking and adjusting until I'm satisfied (i.e. never)
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	city_alley_01.wip.jpg 
Views:	168 
Size:	115.9 KB 
ID:	12833   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	red_dragon01.01.jpg 
Views:	101 
Size:	248.7 KB 
ID:	12835   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	red_dragon02.01.wip.jpg 
Views:	108 
Size:	323.2 KB 
ID:	12836