Thread: April/May 2009 Lite Challenge - A One Story Building Entry - Mages House

Post April/May 2009 Lite Challenge - A One Story Building Entry - Mages House

Here is Silmar the mages house. I used Google Sketchup to model the house. Most of the other objects and textures I found at the Dundjinni forums, and did some adjustments and fine tuning in Photoshop.

I read all the suggestions in my previous thread and made the changes to my mages's house. As much a I liked the first version the suggestions did make it better, so thank you to all who offered their ideas.

### Winner ###
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Mages House.jpg 
Views:	2462 
Size:	888.0 KB 
ID:	12882  
    Last edited by ChickPea; 08-29-2018 at 04:21 PM. Reason: Added Winner tag

Community Leader Facebook Connected Ascension's Avatar

Good stuff, it's nice to know how many different programs can be used to whip up something pretty cool.
    If the radiance of a thousand suns was to burst at once into the sky, that would be like the splendor of the Mighty One...I am become Death, the Shatterer of worlds.
    -J. Robert Oppenheimer (father of the atom bomb) alluding to The Bhagavad Gita (Chapter 11, Verse 32)

My Maps ~ My Brushes ~ My Tutorials ~ My Challenge Maps

Looking good. I like the way everything meshes together in a coherent style - much better than my collection of imports. Did you draw the elements yourself?

Just one point of practicality - in a small cottage like this, the stove would provide more than adequate heat and has the added practicality that you can just drop a pot or kettle on it whenever you need to. If the house had a hearth at all, it would be in the bedroom.

However, since the corridor serves no obvious purpose, I think the bedroom might be enlarged and the stove moved across so that it backs onto the bedroom, conducting heat through the wall and removing the need for a fireplace at all.

That's just architectural nitpicking though; it's a really nice map.
    Mapping a Traveller ATU.

See my (fantasy-based) apprenticeship blog at:

http://www.viewing.ltd.uk/cgi-bin/vi...forums&sx=1024

Look for Chit Chat, Sandmann's blog. Enjoy.

Thanks for the suggestions Icosahedron. I really liked the one about removing the hallway and making the bedroom larger, which I did. I also moved the stove next to the bedroom. I understand what you are saying about the fireplace, but I like the way it looks. Again thanks for the suggestions they did make the map better.

Community Leader Facebook Connected Steel General's Avatar

Well done...
    My Finished Maps | My Challenge Maps | Still poking around occasionally...

Unless otherwise stated by me in the post, all work is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-Noncommercial 3.0 United States License.