Thread: The Battle Of Cold Harbor

Post The Battle Of Cold Harbor

Just wanted to post this as an example of the kind of maps I work on at my job. This was all done with ESRI's ArcMap 9.2

Not as interesting or as cool as the maps I see here, but this one was more exciting to work on then most I do. The mapping portion is done pretty mutch and now all I need to add is the text in the blank boxes you see.

This is a product I produced for the Virginia GIS convention coming up this year in November.

I hope to be able to create some more interesting worlds with the information I see on this site.
    Great site here!

Thanks,
    Todd
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Battle Of Cold Harbor1.pdf  

Community Leader Facebook Connected Steel General's Avatar

Neat! I've always liked military maps that.
    My Finished Maps | My Challenge Maps | Still poking around occasionally...

Unless otherwise stated by me in the post, all work is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-Noncommercial 3.0 United States License.

Community Leader Facebook Connected Ascension's Avatar

I've always liked these as well. Good stuff, man.
    If the radiance of a thousand suns was to burst at once into the sky, that would be like the splendor of the Mighty One...I am become Death, the Shatterer of worlds.
    -J. Robert Oppenheimer (father of the atom bomb) alluding to The Bhagavad Gita (Chapter 11, Verse 32)

My Maps ~ My Brushes ~ My Tutorials ~ My Challenge Maps

"Oh I wish i were in the land of cotton. Old times there are not forgotten..."

I love the ACW. It's one of my favourite military periods, and this map looks just like the one's I've studied for many years. Poster-size too!! great piece of work. I thoroughly enjoyed it.

Would have been nice to see the blank spaces filled though. Maybe with some brief facts about the battle?

DMG

Thanks everyone for the kind comments!

DMG- The blank spots are for text describing each days events and I'll definatly switch this version for the finished one when I get the text added as you've suggested .

Thanks again!
    Todd