• The Orchards - Map Vandal

26 55.32%
Multiple Choice Poll.
Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

Thread: *** April Challenge Voting

Administrator Facebook Connected Robbie's Avatar
    Blog Entries

Post *** April Challenge Voting

That time has arrived! The April Challenge has come to a close, and its time to vote. Remember the rules and guidelines for this months challenge, and take into account the completion of the entries before you vote.

Also, don't forget this challenge is sponsored by clercon! - He is giving away a 50$ Profantasy voucher to the winner.

****Vote for 3 Entries****

Link to Thumbnails

Design and map a habitation for the CWBP which has not already been mapped.

For those of you who don't already know, the CWBP, or the Cooperative World Building Project, is a Conworld created by members of the Cartographers' Guild. The objective is to map a Fractal Terrains world in sections of about 800 miles square. The first Region, [Region 1] has now been pretty much mapped by way of 25 or so maps, and we are now in the process of mapping the habitations (cities, towns, forts, mines etc) within it.

To choose a habitation to map, go to the CWBP main page (click here) and sort the threads by clicking on the 'thread' header in the brown bar at the top of the screen. This will sort the threads by regional maps and by cities / towns / areas within each regional map. Then select a regional map - There are about 25 maps to choose from (e.g. [Region 1][Map 01] Ash coast or [Region 1][Map 06] The Thanelands of Skolvendun) and scope out the habitations on it find one that you like (making sure that it has not already been mapped) and then start a thread with the town name and region where they can be clearly seen in your initial post (preferably in your thread title).

Example required info: [Region 1][Map 25][Town 4] - Port Magalie

Habitations must be chosen on a 'first come / first served' basis. That is, if someone else has already stated an intention to map a habitation by posting a challenge thread, you must map a different habitation. There should be plenty of habitations to go around.

That's it. No extra rules, no little extra requirements to trip you up. Although the prize is a profantasy voucher your map does not have to be made using profantasy software.

Do try to ensure that your town in in keeping with the general idea of the area you are mapping though! Check the CWBP Wiki for any details of the region in which your town is located.

Do not get hung up on what constitutes a 'habitation' - it's basically any built up area where people live. The voters will decide individually whether your map qualifies.

Best of luck to all for the competition!
    P.S. I may have screwed this up...I haven't done a vote thread in a while.
    Last edited by Robbie; 04-30-2009 at 06:35 PM.
    All Hail FlappyMap! Long Live MapFeed!

Robbie Powell - Site Admin

Where is the poll?
    Look inside of me, and melted in blood, there's a black hearth waiting to draw peace.

Administrator Facebook Connected Robbie's Avatar
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Drahyden View Post
    Where is the poll?
    I was typing it in...its there now.
    All Hail FlappyMap! Long Live MapFeed!

Robbie Powell - Site Admin

Community Leader Facebook Connected Steel General's Avatar

My votes in no particular order: Ascension, RogueLeader89, Map Vandal

Great job people... remember to 'rep' your selections (if you can).
    My Finished Maps | My Challenge Maps | Still poking around occasionally...

Unless otherwise stated by me in the post, all work is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-Noncommercial 3.0 United States License.

1. Albrectw4
    2. Map Vandal
    3. SG

All finished maps were very good. I loved these three for their artistry. I was taken with Albrectw4's style and Vandal's reminded me of an old bird's eye from the 19th century.

If SG had labeled his, I would have gave him my first place. Such a beautiful pic, but I wouldn't know what town it is.
    Regards,

Jim

My Maps

Community Leader Facebook Connected Ascension's Avatar

I went with Rogue, Steel, and Vandal. Rogue's is dark and oozes mystery, Vandal's is so unique and cheery (to me), and Steel's is a cool example of using game software.
    If the radiance of a thousand suns was to burst at once into the sky, that would be like the splendor of the Mighty One...I am become Death, the Shatterer of worlds.
    -J. Robert Oppenheimer (father of the atom bomb) alluding to The Bhagavad Gita (Chapter 11, Verse 32)

My Maps ~ My Brushes ~ My Tutorials ~ My Challenge Maps

Community Leader Facebook Connected Steel General's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Bohunk View Post
    If SG had labeled his, I would have gave him my first place. Such a beautiful pic, but I wouldn't know what town it is.
    Thanks... I just haven't had anytime to do any mapping. I'll try and get a labeled version up soon.
    My Finished Maps | My Challenge Maps | Still poking around occasionally...

Unless otherwise stated by me in the post, all work is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-Noncommercial 3.0 United States License.

Praise

Ascension's map definitely takes first place for me this month. Truly an awesome map. I also really enjoyed the style of Albrectw4's map. My final vote goes to RogueLeader89 for setting a great mood.

Man, why does everyone have to make it soooooo tough to pick just 3?

Ah, but there were a lot of good entries this month and it was hard to narrow things down. In the end, and in no particular order;

Ascension - Love the spider-web like look of this whether it was intended or not.

SG - I just liked this one. The textures, the colors, the overall appearance. All of it was very nice.

Map Vandal - The little touches like the horses in the fields and what not did it for me. I'm a sucker for things like that.

Honorable Mentions go out to;

ravells, Albrechtw4, RogueLeader, Valarian and Korba

All excellent maps as well.

GW
    Last edited by Greason Wolfe; 05-01-2009 at 08:23 AM. Reason: Adding in Honorable Mentions
    GW

One's worth is not measured by stature, alone. By heart and honor is One's true value weighed.

Current Non-challenge WIP : Beyond Sosnasib
    Current Lite Challenge WIP : None
    Current Main Challenge WIP : None
    Completed Maps : Various Challenges

Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast