Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Discussion "Kingdom Sheet" (Fellow DMs and World Builders requested)

Oh dark powers of thread necromancy lend me your abilities!!!!

Quote Originally Posted by Ascension View Post
    Start a blog, put it there, and go to every forum you can and hype it up That's kind of evil and spammy but try to do it in a more fluid, under the radar kind of way like a link sig.

Well... done... My D&D/Roleplaying Blog I don't have the actual sheet up yet, because I haven't decided on where to host the file for free and not have to re post it and edit the blog every so many weeks because of fileshare sites dropping files after x days. I intended to host the blog and the files from a vps, along with my maptool project... but with sudden personal expenses (and if i ever find the *********** that broke into my car...) I have no money for hosting AGAIN...

Oh well...I'll have something soon... I'd host it on dad's site, but the url is super-complicated(not good on average users if I decided to link to it and show the url) and its hosted at home, on a... less than perfect connection.
    My D&D/Roleplaying Blog Making a new effort to update every two weeks!
    Gimp Gradient Basics

Blog Entries

There is tinyurl.com which will forward a hideous URL into something better - not quite peachy but better than hideous. I know you probably have port numbers and stuff in it so this might be a better way of doing it. Recently I put up a local served map server up for demo and lots of people had some problems accessing it because of the odd port number. So using a proxy can help. Thus a tinyurl to the proxy might be a good way to forward a locally served up page with the added advantage of hiding your IP address.

We've got a hostname registered, its more the horrors of the connection (and yeah, everything's on 8080 because our ISP blocks 80)... He's wanted to get a vps himself, and before the incident, I was looking at getting him signed up with one for father's day (yep were a nerd family) but now...
    Gimp Gradient Basics

Gimp Gradient Basics

And Thread Necromancy Round II Revenge of the Threadlich.

I've broken down and filed a DBA in my local county, and sent paizo the information they requested for uploading pdfs for sale. I have a pathfinder specific "Settlement Sheet" ready to go along with an expanded PFRPG character sheet. Those'll go up on paizo soon, and hopefully they'll fund some of the spending I'm going to need to finish this project.

One thing I need really soon is for someone with some authority to answer a question really quick. I would like permission to put a link to both guilds in the the kingdom/realm booklet once its done, and an update of the settlement sheet. They're already on my blog as just links but I'd like to put them in the products as a "thanks".
    Gimp Gradient Basics

Thanks ravells. I'll be sticking a link and blerb in the "booklet" then.

Now, This project has officially split into two projects. One will be a simple 2 page "realm worksheet". The other will be a 20+ page "booklet" monstrosity. Since my character and settlement sheets seem to be doing well for their first week, I'm going to try and put the realm worksheet up at paizo very soon.

Here's the sections on each page I've got (not all sections are evenly split in the page so since there are 5 sections to the two pages, they're not super detailed, some are barely a single line to list things on).

PG 1
    General Info
    Calendar (Lists rise and fall of realm, holidays, and some important events)
    Demographics (Population figures, alignment of govt and majority population)
    Legal (Laws, Penalties, and Famous Enforcers)
    Hooks (Local Superstitions, Riturals, Rumors, Infamous Personalities, and Neighboring Realm Relations)

PG 2
    Notable Settlements
    Notable NPCs
    Groups/Factions
    Locations

And PG 3 is a full page map insert image box (as oppose to the half-page one in the settlement sheet)

Any suggestions for something that condensed? Also another project I've already started bouncing around in my brain is a faction worksheet (there's no rules for a building a faction, so I want the fields in the worksheet to be thought inducing) any thoughts would be appreciated...
    Gimp Gradient Basics

I don't know if it's been suggested, but you could use lulu.com for publishing your "Ultimate Campaign Creator" book....
    -Sigurd Sigurd Brutus Motor-

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123