Thread: Testing grounds

Wip Testing grounds

Hello.

I just bought Fractal Terrains the other day and have been playing around a bit with it. Funny litle program. Tried some ideas on a test map. Made the map in FT an edited it in Photoshop. Thought I should put it up for display. I probably put in some names to complete it.

Enjoy.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	ft_test_3_b.jpg 
Views:	74 
Size:	144.2 KB 
ID:	12893  

Quote Originally Posted by ravells View Post
    Funky! Enjoy FT! I've never quite got it satisfactorily into my workflow for maps, but I know it's there...just have to find it.
    Ah, but what did it not do for you? Feedback makes things better over time if we can prod the developers to get the next version out the door.

It's probably me and not the product, but what I would like it to do with it is to be able to import landmass shapes, I've never been able to work out how to do that. Trying to make landmasses using the brush tools is too time consuming as I can't 'fractalise' coastlines but have to put in all the wiggles individually, pixel by pixel.

Quote Originally Posted by ravells View Post
    Funky! Enjoy FT! I've never quite got it satisfactorily into my workflow for maps, but I know it's there...just have to find it.
    I can see what you mean. I don't know if I will be able to use it in any of my world maps. But I think it's a fun program to generate worlds in. Hopefully I will find some secret doors in it that will make it more useful. But it's fun in a kind of useless nice way :-)