Thread: One Page Dungeon - Aboleth Lair

Wip One Page Dungeon - Aboleth Lair

Even though, I don't really have time at all, I'm going to try to get a map entry for the One Page Dungeon contest - the prizes are just to good to pass it up!

Just making map objects for the time being (snag 'em if you want 'em).

Lair of Shaothbuul the Savant (Aboleth) is what I'm going for. I just wanted to try something really creepy. And nothing is more creepy than Aboleth, IMO.

Object 1: Glyph of the Deep
    Object 2: Glyph of the Slime Curse
    Object 3: Living Decor creature
    Object 4: Living Decor Crinoids

The last two I'm calling living decor as they are not supposed to be monsters just lifeforms to fill the Savant's great hall as decoration.

All objects are transparent PNG files (300 ppi) - some are quite big though.

My plan for the dungeon/cavern will include about a dozen chambers, about half of them will be submerged in sea water, with a tunnel access to the Dread Harbor outside the watery cavern. The dry caves will contain Skum thralls and captured humanoids, as well as access to the surface.

Enjoy!

GP
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	glyph-of-deep.png 
Views:	294 
Size:	743.5 KB 
ID:	12904   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	glyph-of-slime-curse.png 
Views:	188 
Size:	746.8 KB 
ID:	12905   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	worm-ball.png 
Views:	1027 
Size:	1.94 MB 
ID:	12906   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	crinoids.png 
Views:	222 
Size:	761.4 KB 
ID:	12907  
    Gamer Printshop Publishing, Starfinder RPG modules and supplements, Map Products, Map Symbol Sets and Map Making Tutorial Guide
    DrivethruRPG store

Artstation Gallery - Maps and 3D illustrations

Map Lair of Shaothbuul the Savant Aboleth

OK, done with the map, I just have to format for the One Page Dungeon Template, then submit it. I'm not completely happy with it, but I don't have time for anything else. So I'm submitting it today.

Among the wandering monsters required for the entry are: Skum Guardians, Elder Eidolon construct, dominated sharks, and much more!

This a 30 square by 30 square, 1 square = 20 feet, with 3 chambers above water and the rest beneath the water.

Rooms by number:

1. Stairway from surface is 20' wide, leads to set of double doors, in front of the doorway is a Glyph of the Deep (fills lungs with water, immediate drowning...)
    2. Skum Guardian Chamber, containing arcane weapons rack.
    3. Chamber of the Elder Eidolon, guarding undominated slaves from escaping to surface.
    4. Undominated Slave holding chamber, half submerged
    5. Slave shelf trapped here above water.
    6. Main entry hall, guarded by dominated Sauhagin and Sharks
    7. Barred gate to Dread Harbor, opened by challenge word in complex Aboleth tongue, thus only Aboleth can speak the challenge word.
    8. Dread Harbor
    9. Glyph of Slime Curse to protect the Great Hall and beyond
    10. Shaothbuul's Great Hall, containing living decor.
    11. Shaothbuul's Private Chamber
    12. Aboleth Nursery Chamber containing 3 eggs in gestation
    13. Portal Chamber leads to Aboleth City in the Trench beyond the Harbor.

I'd tweak if I had more time, but I don't. Still I have a shot at winning so we shall see.

Enjoy!

GP

PS: even though I uploaded this here before, I thought I'd add Shaothbuul himself - Aboleth symbol (not to be included in entry, however.)
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	shaothbuuls-lair.jpg 
Views:	1172 
Size:	951.3 KB 
ID:	12923   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	aboleth-top.gif 
Views:	360 
Size:	944.4 KB 
ID:	12924  
    Last edited by Gamerprinter; 05-02-2009 at 03:08 PM.
    Gamer Printshop Publishing, Starfinder RPG modules and supplements, Map Products, Map Symbol Sets and Map Making Tutorial Guide
    DrivethruRPG store

Artstation Gallery - Maps and 3D illustrations

NymTevlyn

Nice. I've been too busy with all my other stale projects to contemplate anything new for awhile.

Community Leader Facebook Connected Steel General's Avatar

Neat stuff GP!
    My Finished Maps | My Challenge Maps | Still poking around occasionally...

Unless otherwise stated by me in the post, all work is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-Noncommercial 3.0 United States License.