Thread: [WIP] Cora

Threaded View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

Wip [WIP] Cora

Okay I'm having some issues with my map, I've created it in photoshop using Jeremy Elford's tutorial, which I have to say is amazing. The problem I am having as you can see in the pictures is the mountains are coming out a bit too bumpy, I've tried rendering the mountain texturing at a lower resolution to attempt to give it less variance, but that didn't seem to work quite as much as I hoped it would. It also ends up lightening the whole map greatly. I'm not sure how he got his 'mountain' layer to blend in as much, along with some of the other information that was unfortunately left out on settings he used
    Here's before and after mountains

The other question I have is, what are some good RGB colors for texturing such as how he got the darker faded look in the end with his map, mine seem to be a bit too vibrant and I've had to put an all black fade onto it to tone it down a little. It works, but it'd be nice to have a bit more brown in all the colors to begin with.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Cora Map w mountains.jpg 
Views:	115 
Size:	1.62 MB 
ID:	12909   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Cora Map graineds.jpg 
Views:	110 
Size:	1.59 MB 
ID:	12910  
    Last edited by Sleaker; 05-04-2009 at 07:04 PM. Reason: changed to a WIP post