Thread: April-May Entry: Wayside Temple and Rest House

Threaded View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Guild Apprentice

Wip April-May Entry: Small Church

A small church. The left-most room is really just a snazzy foyer, kinda has no real function. Middle room is the sanctuary, 8 pews, 10 feet wide each (approx. seating for...let's say, 24 people?), and a podium/altar/whatever you want it to be. A veil (not a door! Doors are overrated) leads to the priest's living quarters, which feature a bed, bookcase, desk, and chair. This is presumably a medieval church, so there'd be a bedpan and not a bathroom...the priest would be one of the few literate people, so he'd need the desk to write scrolls. The bookcase would house religious texts?

This is designed to be generic, but mostly for generic use with D&D (it's technically on a 5x5 foot-square grid). I'm building a small (read: tiny) village around it, with the church as the power center, so presumably the village is run by the cleric pastor.

Let me know if you want me to rendered images of this as well, and any other comments would be appreciated.

Oh, any my previous entry idea can be found in the album on my userpage, it's the Wayside Temple and Rest House for which this thread was originally named.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	SmallChurch,Pelor,Plan.jpg 
Views:	122 
Size:	627.5 KB 
ID:	12911  
    Last edited by Novarri; 05-02-2009 at 03:25 AM. Reason: Changed my entry entirely