Thread: Crypt of the Mad Monk

Threaded View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

Post Crypt of the Mad Monk

Brother Glaucus paused at the base of the stairs. The scraping from somewhere above indicated the invaders were near. Finally, his vigilance would be rewarded and the gods satisfied with his service.

He turned to Brother Abelard, whose remains slumped against the wall, and shook his head sadly. Bits of leathery gristle still clung to the joints, morsels even the rats had refused.

All of his Brothers had perished of hunger in the first months. His faith had nourished him so well that the grumbling pit of his stomach had receded to a distant annoyance. His teeth had grown long, and his claws sharp; soon he could discharge his duty.

He shuffled down the hall to inspect each niche and coffin. Shriveled lungs forced air through desiccated vocal cords. "Good day, Brother Bingen," he wheezed, stepping carefully over a skeleton sprawled on the floor. "Rest in peace, Brother Erasmus," he nodded at a grinning skull that stared at the cobwebbed ceiling. He passed a score of similar skeletons. As always, he ended his rounds at the winged victory overlooking the tomb of the hero Richard Martel.

This crypt consists of a few rooms and various narrow halls. The halls are watched over by demonic figures that stare down at you while you pass underneath.
    Main rooms include:
    The drying out room where corpses are kept until all the juices have been drained.
    The caretakers and monks main viewing room.
    The hall of heroes where the great soldiers are displayed.
    The secret tomb of the hero Richard Martel.

This is my entry for the I.C.E. Crypt Ccontest. It was created using Illustrator and Photoshop. All the parts are hand drawn and colored by myself. This version does not contain the hex grid. The introductory text was written by Dave Przybyla.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	ICEcryptFinaldrkL.jpg 
Views:	1206 
Size:	296.3 KB 
ID:	12917