Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Groenwoud (City Designer 3)

Actually, I wanted them to look like rafts at first. But I decided I would go with logs
    I might add a lot more logs in the water, as I have read that people used to "ride" the logs and steer them. This was pretty dangerous however, lol...
    Check out my City Designer 3 tutorials. See my fantasy (city) maps in this thread.

Gandwarf has fallen into shadow...

NymTevlyn

Instead of staging area, you could label it Lumber or Timber Yard or something.

Quote Originally Posted by NymTevlyn View Post
    Instead of staging area, you could label it Lumber or Timber Yard or something.
    Good idea!
    I am going to label the map again.
    Check out my City Designer 3 tutorials. See my fantasy (city) maps in this thread.

Well, I deleted the old version of the map and I uploaded a new version (see original post). I am going to keep this version for now.

Added some roads and hills outside the map, changed the logs in the river, added some cranes and changed the name of the location where all the lumber is gathered.

How would the granaries in your city be accessed? They appear to be so well fortified that no one can get to them!
    Are these stocks perhaps only used in case of emergency or did you accidentally cause yet another famine to occur?

Jokes aside .. this map is really neat! You have a knack for organisation

Quote Originally Posted by Kristoni View Post
    How would the granaries in your city be accessed? They appear to be so well fortified that no one can get to them!
    Are these stocks perhaps only used in case of emergency or did you accidentally cause yet another famine to occur?
    Ha! No, there is a door in the wall. Didn't want to add a gate.

Jokes aside .. this map is really neat! You have a knack for organisation
    Thanks.

Guild Apprentice

Great map Gandwarf! You have a definite knack for making each section of a city unique and distinctive even without labels. The slave camp reminds me of the concentration camp at Dachau. The wagon trails look great as well. I'm happy you found a use for them.

Quote Originally Posted by RobA View Post
    LOL!

It looks like they have a jolly good time, but I am sure it was bloody dangerous.

EDIT: another LOL... I see we have our first banned guild member? Or have there been others? Too bad.

Community Leader Facebook Connected Steel General's Avatar

That video is definitely different.
    My Finished Maps | My Challenge Maps | Still poking around occasionally...

Unless otherwise stated by me in the post, all work is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-Noncommercial 3.0 United States License.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast