Thread: Labyrinth Prison of the Genie Master

Hobbitt Estates, Greater Kansas City Metro Area, Kansas, USA

Post Labyrinth Prison of the Genie Master

After some encouragement in other threads I have decided to post a dungeon map or two.

This one isn't too special, but it is one I did not too long ago. This was originally a scan taken from a magazine and then I digitally manipulated it to further fit my needs.

Green doors are normal and blue doors are secret. The concept here is that the dungeon would house a number of lurking types that would use the secret doors to their advantage in guerrilla style tactics to hound the party.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Dungeon - Labyrinth Prison of the Genie Master.jpg 
Views:	335 
Size:	250.8 KB 
ID:	13063  

Sharp and smart geomorph.

Your coloured doors are clear and easy to keep track of. Of course in a computer environment where the players are exploring on the actual map they'd be a little bit of a give away .

Your coloured rooms give me an idea. I wonder if one could make deepening shades of red or something depending on the danger potential in the room. Course with my players, they'd kill themselves with an unguarded pointed stick .

I think you can find tutorials on the site that will help you cut out the scanning step to create similar maps. Might save you some time.

Thanks for posting.

Have some rep.
    Last edited by Sigurd; 05-06-2009 at 11:59 AM.

Dollhouse Syndrome = The temptation to turn a map into a picture, obscuring the goal of the image with the appeal of cute, or simply available, parts. Maps have clarity through simplification.

--- Sigurd

Hobbitt Estates, Greater Kansas City Metro Area, Kansas, USA

Oh I probably should have mentioned. This map was the DM's map. I designed it to go along with my dungeon tiles that I made.

Edit - this map ended with a TPK in something like Room 3.
    Last edited by Katerek; 08-10-2014 at 01:18 AM.