Thread: The Bondevi Empire

Guild Novice

Wip The Bondevi Empire

This is a rough map that I drew by hand over a vacation, then touched up in Photoshop when I got home. It's still a work in progress, so any critique would be appreciated!
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	The Undiscovered Country.png 
Views:	171 
Size:	7.10 MB 
ID:	97678
    Last edited by Atapari; 07-18-2017 at 08:37 PM.

You're off to a good start here. One thing I notice is that all of the text except "Celdian Sea" seems to be the same weight and size. If you vary it -- make the size on labels for bigger and more important features larger -- your map will hang together better. Also, all of your text except the river names is horizontal. Try angling or curving your text along the features they describe (e.g. the mountain ranges). And for the rivers, see if you can get the text to hew closer to the river's shape.

You're off to a lovely start with this. I like it a lot. The only thing that jumps out at me are the icons you've used for cities. They're so blurry where everything else is so sharp and clear. I'm guessing you've found the icons online & had to change the size? If that's the case, I'm not sure if they can be fixed up, but they don't look great right now.
    "We are the music makers, and we are the dreamers of dreams"

Nice start, maybe a few branches off the main mountain chain?

Guild Novice

Actually I made the icons at a much larger size and when I shrank them them down they looked too clear, so it didn't seem to match the rest of the map. I'll try fiddling with the blurring and opacity.

Guild Master Facebook Connected - JO -'s Avatar

A nice map ! The choice of stripes for the sea is rather daring, we are more used to the reverse: stripes near the coast ... but I like, it's beautiful work!