Page 1 of 6 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: My world in creation: fygl

Guild Journeyer Facebook Connected zhar2's Avatar

Post My world in creation: fygl

Hi these are a few pics showing me world proyect, wich ive been modelling for a while (from people to plants and animals), i normally do general maps like topography, climate, political and so on, but ive been inspired by sorol to include regional maps too.

This is my basic world map and one regional in progress:

Ive used the gimp, fractal terrains, wilbur, inkscape (oddly enough ive got the cs4 package but rarely use it).

Hope u like them and if u desire give me any tips

phill
    Last edited by zhar2; 01-12-2010 at 06:05 PM.

Looks good. You got a lot of work ahead of ya.
    Regards,

Jim

My Maps

Nice style in your maps! Welcome to the guild!

When posting your maps, though, try to use the 'attach' function in the advanced reply. That way it automatically generates thumbnails and eases load times for people on slow connections.

-asp

Guild Journeyer

Quote Originally Posted by zhar2 View Post

Ive used the gimp, fractal terrains, wilbur, inkscape (oddly enough ive got the cs4 package but rarely use it).
    lol same here! although I have yet to start using Inkscape...

I like your world map, very interesting and varied. (Tho the mad patch of mountains in the "north-east" looks a little odd..)

Community Leader Facebook Connected Steel General's Avatar

I really like the first map... looking forward to seeing what you do with this.
    My Finished Maps | My Challenge Maps | Still poking around occasionally...

Unless otherwise stated by me in the post, all work is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-Noncommercial 3.0 United States License.

Umm haven been here a while, but im still working on this.

Here isnt a map in it self but ive made the planets texture:

and how it looks in laid in google earth (for ease, max would have been better)

hope you like them

very nice, a whole lot of land compared to water though. I'm not sure how that would affect the climate or anything.

Woah, how did you go about doing this? I wanted to get a little into projection and similar stuff once my exams are over

Ironmetal250 the climate would be quite different to earth, the planet would see quite a dry equatorial region, specially around the middle of large landmasses with the exeptions where there are mayor water bodies.

The polar coasts in the contrary would be drenched by heavy rain, overall there arent any seasons due to an almost negligible tilt, pressure its a bit higher than earth plus shorter days, this would make a rather turbulent atmosphere while minimising large temperature gradients from the poles to the equator.

But i suppose besides the high and strong winds it would be a pleasent world full of islands and warm climate, and for people who like cold alpine waether it contains quite alot of mountains (though not as high as earths due to a gravity of 1.3 g) caused by high volcanism.

mad letter, im quite pleased with my method but its time consumming as most of the maps i make are at around 8192x4096 pixels.

Community Leader Facebook Connected Ascension's Avatar

I'm gonna hit ya with some rep because I love the satellite style and yours looks great. Since I have moved to the more artistic side it makes my heart smile to see this and makes me want to go back. Very nice job.
    If the radiance of a thousand suns was to burst at once into the sky, that would be like the splendor of the Mighty One...I am become Death, the Shatterer of worlds.
    -J. Robert Oppenheimer (father of the atom bomb) alluding to The Bhagavad Gita (Chapter 11, Verse 32)

My Maps ~ My Brushes ~ My Tutorials ~ My Challenge Maps

Page 1 of 6 12345 ... LastLast