Thread: WIP: Purity City [BONUS: guessing game!]

Threaded View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

Wip WIP: Purity City [BONUS: guessing game!]

Hey all.

Welcome to Purity City, for better or worse the nicest place to stay in these parts of the post-nuclear wasteland. Some clever folks got a municipal water processing plant working on the outskirts of a city ruin, giving it the largest supply of clean water in the region. Didn't take long for it to become a major trading hub.
    Here it is, my first map inspired by tutorials on this forum.

Everything is basically labeled, except for the red lines, which are barriers erected from scrounged material and cleverness. They aren't designed to keep out determined attackers, but luckily, even bad, bad people need water. Old town and the plant itself, however, are very well guarded.

Now for the guessing game: based on the description and the sketch map itself, please tell me what you infer about Purity City- past, present, and going forward. I had something in mind to convey, but there's no right answer. I'm especially keen to learn about 'wrong' guesses so I can tighten this up before I fire up GIMP.

Oh, also, this is the stage in the process where I would most welcome comments to improve the final product.

Thanks!

EDIT: Added an early WIP of the map. It should begin to say more about how the city developed over time.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Purity City.jpg 
Views:	172 
Size:	83.7 KB 
ID:	12996   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Purity1.jpg 
Views:	99 
Size:	166.0 KB 
ID:	13035  
    Last edited by bif; 05-05-2009 at 02:00 AM.