Thread: Hello from Keith Curtis

Professional Artist keithcurtis's Avatar

Post Hello from Keith Curtis

Hi folks. RPMiller told me of this forum, and I have to say what I have seen looks great.

My name is Keith Curtis. I have been an professional cartographer and illustrator in the RPG industry for about six years (though I have been a professional graphic artist for about 26 years). I have worked for Hero Games, Green Ronin, West End, Mongoose Games and many others, chiefly as a cartographer, but also as an illustrator/designer.
    My portfolio can be found at www.KACurtis.com. A special map page (large download) that I use for customers can be found at: http://kacurtis.com/Map_Samples/

Wonderful to have you here, Keith. I have "stolen" inspiration from many of your maps in the past, & I look forward to doing it again in the future--as well as borrowing ideas, inspiration, and assistance from you as well.

Thanks especially for that special map sample page; Holy Gila Monster is that a keeper!
    Don
    My gallery is here
    __________________________________________________ _______
    "Keep your mind in hell, but despair not." --Saint Silouan [1866-1938]

Hey Keith-

Thanks for the link.

I especially like the Voyage of the Columbia map, as I live in the area

This is one of the techniques I have used in the past for quick maps... grabbing a map of the "real work" and changing the effective scale and North direction makes a map completely unrecognizable to most people...

-Rob A>

Glad to have you here Keith!

I think you will be a valuable asset to the community and have a great deal of skill and experience to offer us, newbies and experienced alike.

Welcome, Keith. That's an impressive body or work you've got there!

I love your Ordun and Westeros maps, in particular. Any chance you could post some more close-ups of those here?
    Looking for battlemap creation software that can be used to create gorgeous print-resolution output on Windows or Mac OS?
    Give MapForge a try.

Professional Artist keithcurtis's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by heruca
    Welcome, Keith. That's an impressive body or work you've got there!

I love your Ordun and Westeros maps, in particular. Any chance you could post some more close-ups of those here?
    Probably not, unfortunately. The agreement on the Ordun map allows me to post about what you see here, though if there's any particular area you'd like to see, I don't think that would be a problem.
    The Westeros map is currently in limbo right now. When Guardians of Order folded and defaulted, all the rights to the map reverted to me. It is still a map of a copyrighted property however, so I have been sitting on a very expensive file that I cannot do anything with. Currently I am discussing the possibility of re-purposing it for Green Ronin, since they have acquired the rights to A Song of Ice and Fire. So I really can't say or show more at this time.

Thanks, though!

OK, no problem. Actually, upon closer inspection of your currently-posted closeups, there's enough there already to show me what I wanted to see (the style of art you used for mountains, hills, forests, desert, rivers, lakes, etc.).
    Looking for battlemap creation software that can be used to create gorgeous print-resolution output on Windows or Mac OS?
    Give MapForge a try.

Hey Keith,

You've probably seen me say this over at the Hero boards but I am a longtime fan of your work Cartographic and otherwise. I hope to see some more of your work here there or anywhere you;d care to post it.

John