Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Kelunia

Quote Originally Posted by landorl View Post
    First of all... WOW!

The only suggestion that I could make is for the settlement symbols... They seem just a little too crisp when compared to the other symbols. I might suggest a very small amount of blur placed on them.
    Yeah, I sharpened some of them too much, accidentally. I think I've fixed it now, and thank you for pointing it out to me!

Quote Originally Posted by Steel General View Post
    I'll just go ahead and add my agreement that the new trees are better.

One thing that did kinda 'jump out at me' (and it might just be me), is that the hills and mountains seem "thick and heavy" compared to the rest of the map. Maybe lessen/lighten the shading on them a bit? *shrugs*
    Thanks for pointing that out! I noticed that myself.... I meant to draw everything on the map in that same 7 px calligraphy brush, but some things, especially the trees, just didn't work out that way. The brush ended up being too big for them, so I had to use a smaller brush. I've replaced most of the settlement symbols with un-resized ones, I hope that makes it look a little more consistent!

I really love the colors you used, and the paper-like texture you used for the background. I wouldn't change anything, except for obviously adding the names of villages/towns when you have them.

Good job, rep added

Quote Originally Posted by ironmetal250 View Post
    I really love the colors you used, and the paper-like texture you used for the background. I wouldn't change anything, except for obviously adding the names of villages/towns when you have them.

Good job, rep added

Ha... yeah, I think I forgot a few of them. Thanks for the comment and the rep!

(Also, your psychedelic dancing dinosaur threatens to devour my brain. I must look away now.)

Blog Entries

I think I'll go against the flow and say I preferred the first trees.

There looks to be two settlements of some kind in the big forest but they are very hard to make out, blending in with the forest.

Still, love the map.
    Royal: I'm very sorry for your loss, your mother was a terribly attractive woman.

My Cartographer's Guild maps: Finished Maps

More maps viewable at my DeviantArt page: Ramah-Palmer DeviantArt

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12