Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Kelunia

Wip Kelunia

Okay, replaced the over-sharpened city icons with nicer ones, which also haven't been resized. I also finished labeling everything.

So anyway, this map is for a fantasy/horror story that a friend and I are co-writing. I also think that I'll need to map the city Zéphyra since a great deal of the action takes place there and I feel like I need a better reference.

Drawn in Photoshop. Almost everything on this map (except the mountains - I drew all of them by hand...) I drew in another document and made into brushes. I'm trying to come up with a way to make the mountains into brushes, because they're pretty time-consuming....
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Kelunia_Map_by_StarRaven.jpg 
Views:	89 
Size:	928.2 KB 
ID:	13103  
    Last edited by StarRaven; 05-06-2009 at 11:26 PM. Reason: Might be nice if you re-added the map after you delete it, Raven....

Community Leader Facebook Connected Ascension's Avatar

Looks pretty darn nice to me. If you really want to fill that space then I'd suggest either small hills, some rivers, or more trees but I don't think you need them...looks fine as is and you don't want to clutter it up. Very nice.
    If the radiance of a thousand suns was to burst at once into the sky, that would be like the splendor of the Mighty One...I am become Death, the Shatterer of worlds.
    -J. Robert Oppenheimer (father of the atom bomb) alluding to The Bhagavad Gita (Chapter 11, Verse 32)

My Maps ~ My Brushes ~ My Tutorials ~ My Challenge Maps

Wow, this is a pretty map! I really like the symbols you used. Especially the mountains are very well done. One of the better maps I have seen on this forum for the last couple of weeks

I wouldn't fill the empty space, as the map would feel to crowded I think. And please do map the city

Have some rep!
    Check out my City Designer 3 tutorials. See my fantasy (city) maps in this thread.

Gandwarf has fallen into shadow...

Blog Entries

Another great map. And I agree with the other guys, there's really no need to take the mountains to the coastline, it looks fine as it is.
    Royal: I'm very sorry for your loss, your mother was a terribly attractive woman.

My Cartographer's Guild maps: Finished Maps

More maps viewable at my DeviantArt page: Ramah-Palmer DeviantArt

Community Leader Facebook Connected Steel General's Avatar

Yup, also have to agree - other than Ascensions's suggestions about possibly adding small hills, etc. between the mountains and the shore - I don't see anything that this map really needs.

Nice job.
    My Finished Maps | My Challenge Maps | Still poking around occasionally...

Unless otherwise stated by me in the post, all work is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-Noncommercial 3.0 United States License.

Community Leader Facebook Connected Ascension's Avatar

I like the new trees and the added hills are good too since they don't clutter it up.
    If the radiance of a thousand suns was to burst at once into the sky, that would be like the splendor of the Mighty One...I am become Death, the Shatterer of worlds.
    -J. Robert Oppenheimer (father of the atom bomb) alluding to The Bhagavad Gita (Chapter 11, Verse 32)

My Maps ~ My Brushes ~ My Tutorials ~ My Challenge Maps

Agreed, the new trees are better.
    Check out my City Designer 3 tutorials. See my fantasy (city) maps in this thread.

Gandwarf has fallen into shadow...

Beautiful map!

First of all... WOW!

The only suggestion that I could make is for the settlement symbols... They seem just a little too crisp when compared to the other symbols. I might suggest a very small amount of blur placed on them.

Community Leader Facebook Connected Steel General's Avatar

I'll just go ahead and add my agreement that the new trees are better.

One thing that did kinda 'jump out at me' (and it might just be me), is that the hills and mountains seem "thick and heavy" compared to the rest of the map. Maybe lessen/lighten the shading on them a bit? *shrugs*
    My Finished Maps | My Challenge Maps | Still poking around occasionally...

Unless otherwise stated by me in the post, all work is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-Noncommercial 3.0 United States License.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast