Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Using google sketchup as a battlemap

Heh. Limited resources of Hasbro/WotC...go download the Hasbro financials and take a look for yourself. I wish my resources were similiarly limited!

Cool maps!
    M

It's not a limit of resources in the sense of having not enough money. I think it's a limit of resources as in they aren't investing in a proper software development team for the D&D product line and not organizing the budgeting properly. Also I'm thinking they are located in the same building maybe even right near the R&D team for the game or something like that. If they had their independent budget and creative license to create the product independent from the D&D development guys you would see a much different result.

Does anyone remember the MTG PC game? Another flop of WotC in the software they develop.
    Cheers, Julien

Battlemaps, Town Maps, Tutorials.
    All my maps and content are posted and published under this Creative Commons License. Click Here for information on licensing.

This is some really fantastic stuff. I stopped trying to model dungeons in Sketch-up a while back due to the time vs. quality (for me that is) and just scan in hand drawings, but these 3D dungeons are absolutely boss! I might need to find the time to try again...

Hard to believe it's been so long since this thread was active. I remember it like yesterday. I haven't been very active in the Cartography department, but I did put another Sketchup map together.. this time, it's just the top of a tower. I made some VTT maps in GIMP for it to use with Roll20 or MapTools,, but I thought I'd cross-post in this thread in case there are still watchers, because I uploaded the sketchup file too.

http://www.cartographersguild.com/vi...r-sanctum.html

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123