Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: [taken]-[paid]Paying Job -Work-For-Hire- RPG -CONFLICT MAPS

Help [taken]-[paid]Paying Job -Work-For-Hire- RPG -CONFLICT MAPS

Heya Cartographers,

I have attached and example of what we are looking for. This map is not licensed to us and therefore we cannot use it for commercial use. However, it serves as a terrific example of the style of map we are looking for. I am really looking for high resolutions that will work with poster-sized prints. The cartographer will need to be skilled in adobe products (photoshop, illustrator). The cartographer must have his own textures and objects that can be used commercially.

The attached map has a few features that match what we are searching for.
    They include:
    • In Color
    • Fantasy setting
    • distinguishable ‘sides’ of the map of roughly the same size. (Players in the CONFLICT game system are separated in teams.)
    • A physical divide between sides (walls, buildings, etc )
    • high ground (buildings, hill etc…, this map isn’t the best example of that.)
    • Multiple entries and exits ( not into or out of the map but to the center or common ground)

Project Scope:
    • If you are interested, this would be a typical work-for-hire agreement where you are paid for your work and the company retains the rights to the item produced.
    • If the right person is found, Conflict Games is willing and able to commission any where from 1 to 5 maps base on your schedule and ability.

If you feel you are a match contact us at ConflictRPG @ conflictRPG .com

Cheers,
    Conflict RPG
    Vist our Beta Website

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    [IMG][/IMG]
    Last edited by ConflictRPG; 05-20-2009 at 03:36 PM. Reason: This Post is now closed.

Piece of cake for many of our cartographers here. I think you should get a good response to this. How big is 'poster sized'? Are you talking 300 dpi resolution?

One more question: Must the output be as a .psd or .ai file or can authors use Gimp / inkscape (or any other software) instead? If you allow Gimp/inkscape at least you'll have a lot more takers.

I would be interested, however I need to go back through my library and make sure things are ok for commercial use (most of them are from the dundjinni free objects library so they should be fine). Here's one example of my work. I can do just about any other style too and could whip up a style like you want here if you would like.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Temple Finished.png 
Views:	614 
Size:	1.41 MB 
ID:	13050  
    My Map Portfolio
    -----
    Unless otherwise stated, all my work is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-Noncommercial 3.0 United States License.

Quote Originally Posted by ravells View Post
    Piece of cake for many of our cartographers here. I think you should get a good response to this. How big is 'poster sized'? Are you talking 300 dpi resolution?

One more question: Must the output be as a .psd or .ai file or can authors use Gimp / inkscape (or any other software) instead? If you allow Gimp/inkscape at least you'll have a lot more takers.
    Glip/inkscape or photoshop would do, however I would prefer .psd. 300 DPI is also prefer. Thanks for following up!

Quote Originally Posted by Nomadic View Post
    I would be interested, however I need to go back through my library and make sure things are ok for commercial use (most of them are from the dundjinni free objects library so they should be fine). Here's one example of my work. I can do just about any other style too and could whip up a style like you want here if you would like.
    Nomadic, can you email me a few more examples?

Thanks.

Sorry Conflict...I wasn't clear with my question about poster size, I only asked about the resolution and not the actual size

How many inches by how many inches (or cm)?

This will help people when they make their new document to draw your map on!

cheers

ravells

Post Another pro mapper...

I'm a pro mapper with lots of experience and commissions under my belt... my portfolio can be seen here... Portfolio

Plus I run a map printing shop... gamer-printshop.com

Perhaps that could help out your efforts for poster maps as well.

GP
    Gamer Printshop Publishing, Starfinder RPG modules and supplements, Map Products, Map Symbol Sets and Map Making Tutorial Guide
    DrivethruRPG store

Artstation Gallery - Maps and 3D illustrations

Info

Quote Originally Posted by Gamerprinter View Post
    I'm a pro mapper with lots of experience and commissions under my belt... my portfolio can be seen here... Portfolio

Plus I run a map printing shop... gamer-printshop.com

Perhaps that could help out your efforts for poster maps as well.

GP

Please send me an email at conflict @ conflictrpg .com so that we can discuss this opportunity further. Thanks (by the way, I sent an email to Michael at your shop this morning!)

Quote Originally Posted by ConflictRPG View Post
    Nomadic, can you email me a few more examples?

Thanks.
    Can do, sorry I have been delayed. College has kept me a bit busy but I will see what I can get you in the next day or so.
    My Map Portfolio
    -----
    Unless otherwise stated, all my work is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-Noncommercial 3.0 United States License.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast