Thread: April-May: Temple of the Storm God

Threaded View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

Map April-May: Temple of the Storm God

Check out the most recent version here!

This entry is still WiP--I just found this site a few days ago and decided to participate when I found the challenge a few days ago. Sorry if putting up an incomplete is frowned upon. I just wanted to get my foot in the door and maybe buy myself a day or two before Ravells closes the contest

This temple to the King of Storms is a lonesome, stalwart structure clinging to a rugged claystone bluff along the sea's edge. The temple itself consists of three structures that crawl up the face of the cliff. At the bottom is the temple proper--a modest sized fresco'ed floor with a stone roof supported by pillars that offers only modest protection from the wind and rain. Above it is a viewing platform that rises above the sea's edge and is fully exposed to it's patron's wrath. Finally, perched atop a rocky peak, is the altar, where sacrifices benign and foul are made to sate the King of Storm's fearsome appetite. The entire structure is made of imported, blue-grey marble which reminds the devout of the stormy sea and sky.

So far only the platform and terrain are complete. I know its not technically one-story, but there are no overlapping structures and the implementation is no different from having three small structures connected by walkways. The illusion of depth really only exists for theme and texture.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	storm-temple.jpg 
Views:	81 
Size:	233.0 KB 
ID:	13038  
    Last edited by msa; 05-08-2009 at 01:18 PM. Reason: mispelling + clarification