Thread: Hi peeps

Post Hi peeps

Hi I'm New here (which is obviously why i am posting in this thread =) )
    I have recently gotten into the pathfinder adventure paths by Paizo, and i really like them, but everyone has to add there own thing=) so i have added my little encounters here and there and i need maps for some of them and i really want to try and get maps up to Pathfinder's standard's, So i have come to the best of the best (that's hopefully you) to seek training, I am a quite experienced gimp user and am incredibly stubborn in the way that i wont use anything else (unless it is vital to make the map look pretty) So hi all looking forward to learning from you all!!!

Hi Lich...well then you're very lucky because we have some great gimp tutorials in the tutorial section...although not sure whether we have any for battlemap scale maps. The principles should be pretty transferrable though.

Sorry that wasn't a very good introduction come to think of it

I had actually been looking around these forums before i got hooked on pathfinder, but that was what pushed me to join the fun!
    this looks like a great forum and I'm sure i will enjoy map making with you all! (I'm not just going to leech your skills!)

I've probably been using gimp for... umm.. 5-6 months? and only got a tablet 1 month ago (lucky me) and have generally been just using them for art until now, i have decided to get into map making, and it defiantly makes things easier and more fun on a community such as this where you can get constructive Criticizime and the like!

Community Leader Facebook Connected Ascension's Avatar

Welcome to the guild. Poke around, chime in here n there, post up some stuff, and have fun Tutorials are the place to start gettin your hands dirty but the Finished section is the place to get inspired.
    If the radiance of a thousand suns was to burst at once into the sky, that would be like the splendor of the Mighty One...I am become Death, the Shatterer of worlds.
    -J. Robert Oppenheimer (father of the atom bomb) alluding to The Bhagavad Gita (Chapter 11, Verse 32)

My Maps ~ My Brushes ~ My Tutorials ~ My Challenge Maps

Welcome to the Guild!
    Daniel the Neon Knight: Campaign Cartographer User

Never use a big word when a diminutive one will suffice!

Any questions on CC3? Post them with CC3 in the Subject Line!
    MY 'FAMOUS' CC3 MAPS: Thunderspire; Pyramid of Shadows; King of the Trollhaunt Warrens; Demon Queen's Enclave

Community Leader Guild Sponsor Gidde's Avatar

Welcome!

RobA's tutorial is a must-see for a gimp user. I'm a newcomer myself, and that tutorial taught me MUCH more than just how to map in that style.

Happy mapping

Post Thanks everyone

Thanks guys=)

Thankies for the link Gilde i have already checked them out and found him to a most helpful person to those who use gimp he will probably get a bucket of rep from me soon enough=)

Community Leader Facebook Connected Steel General's Avatar

Welcome Aboard!
    My Finished Maps | My Challenge Maps | Still poking around occasionally...

Unless otherwise stated by me in the post, all work is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-Noncommercial 3.0 United States License.