Thread: May Entry: Massacre at Hickory Hill

Community Leader Facebook Connected Ascension's Avatar

Wip May Entry: Massacre at Hickory Hill

Here's the plot, I know it sounds kind of far-fetched but this is what I'm thinking:

Groups of 2-4 people travel around a serene park-like setting while driving a small motorized cart. They can carry a sack-full of metal weapons, small white spheroid projectiles, and tiny wooden sticks to put the projectiles upon. They have to navigate the course trying to outdo one another while staying ahead of the throngs of zombie on-lookers just trying to get a piece of them. If the zombies get too close they start shouting "Get in the hole!" every time a player takes a swing, regardless of how far away he might be from the hole...they're zombies, they're mindless. The projectile can be used to bonk zombies in the head and temporarily knock them unconscious but ideally it should be placed into the 18 various holes around the course using only the metal weapons (other means, such as hands and feet, can only be used if no one can see them). Once the projectile is knocked into the hole the zombies will temporarily stop and politely applaud before continuing the chase. There are other hazards such as birds, raccoons, squirrels, and vicious dancing gophers that will try to steal the projectiles. Deer, ducks, geese, and bimbos serve, primarily, to distract the players. Bears, alligators, and cougars will also try to eat the players but the latter has the ability to steal one's dignity and soul.

NOTE: Players are strongly encouraged to carry a writing implement as the zombies seem to be pacified by scribblings. Hats are also suggested as the zombies seem to like it when players tip a hat towards them. Poor choice in clothing (such as plaid pants with polka dot shirts) seems to act as a quasi camouflage, which can be used to sneak up on zombies and whack them with the metal weapons. Drunk cougars are by far the most serious combatant on the field here; they are only pacified with hugs, more drinks, or even dalliances of an intimate nature (which is how the zombies reproduce). The rare sighting of a "cart girl" (a girl who drives a motorized cart while dispensing cold drinks, usually of an alcoholic nature) is to be avoided at all costs as she is nothing more than a succubus and cares nothing for how well you play, despite your boasting and flirtations. She only wants to find a rich player with whom she can foster more succubi and live a life of ease. That, or she may eat you.

### Latest WIP ###
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	05-09-Cha-Asc.jpg 
Views:	887 
Size:	3.60 MB 
ID:	13056  
    Last edited by Ascension; 05-05-2009 at 09:57 PM.
    If the radiance of a thousand suns was to burst at once into the sky, that would be like the splendor of the Mighty One...I am become Death, the Shatterer of worlds.
    -J. Robert Oppenheimer (father of the atom bomb) alluding to The Bhagavad Gita (Chapter 11, Verse 32)

My Maps ~ My Brushes ~ My Tutorials ~ My Challenge Maps

Post When is the movie coming out?

Sounds like a script for a Sci-Fi channel movie or Comedy channel - so, ah, when is the movie coming out, Ascension?

Interesting, I'll say that much!

GP
    Gamer Printshop Publishing, Starfinder RPG modules and supplements, Map Products, Map Symbol Sets and Map Making Tutorial Guide
    DrivethruRPG store

Artstation Gallery - Maps and 3D illustrations

Let me just say: haha!

The map is amazing so far. Great use of colors and textures... you just keep churning them out!
    Check out my City Designer 3 tutorials. See my fantasy (city) maps in this thread.

Gandwarf has fallen into shadow...

Community Leader Facebook Connected Steel General's Avatar

I feel like I should comment in a pseudo-whisper
    My Finished Maps | My Challenge Maps | Still poking around occasionally...

Unless otherwise stated by me in the post, all work is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-Noncommercial 3.0 United States License.

It's not a real name as far as I know of, although my parents live behind a place called Old Hickory Country Club. I always like trying to map things that people don't normally think about, which is why I like your mall I haven't been golfing for about 8 years and thought to myself, "I want something modern, fits the chase mode, but doesn't have lots of skyscrapers or paved roads" and I just happened to be watching Tiger implode on the back nine. The scale is probably wildly off as some holes look about the same length but the yardage is off, which is why I didn't put a scale on it. This is meant to be one of those map cards that they have sitting around. Actual yardage is in that caddy book thing. I think that I might do another one with a full 36 holes, north and south course, and probably in a links style (this one looks like all of the courses around here, hilly and wooded, except the munis which are 9 holes links style).
    If the radiance of a thousand suns was to burst at once into the sky, that would be like the splendor of the Mighty One...I am become Death, the Shatterer of worlds.
    -J. Robert Oppenheimer (father of the atom bomb) alluding to The Bhagavad Gita (Chapter 11, Verse 32)

Unusual maps are good. Once I'm done with the shopping mall one, I'm going to do a personalised boardgame for the kids next door based on a map of the local area where they have to get stuff for their parents...like football tickets, ice-creams etc. It'll be fun.

In that case, here's an idea that I saw while randomly surfing:

Name:	newgamemapsmall.jpg 
Views:	221 
Size:	71.1 KB 
ID:	13102  

I think that I've pretty much got this one done. Redid the trees and tweaked just about everything. It doesn't really fit the theme of the challenge, except with my wording, but c'est la vie. I had fun and I learned some things and that's all that I ever really want. If I get inspired I might try doing a racetrack and move this over to a different section.

### Latest WIP ###

Name:	05-09-Cha-Asc.jpg 
Views:	335 
Size:	4.66 MB 
ID:	13183