Thread: Thus-Far Unnamed Village

Threaded View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Guild Apprentice

Wip Thus-Far Unnamed Village

So, those posts I've made of buildings, regions, etc. etc. all relate to me trying to create this village. And this post is only a draft - my first thought on the village.

In terms of a name, I intend the name to begin with "Troll" or "Trol," because the village is next to a river crossing that I want the village's founder - a cleric - to have crossed by defeating a troll that guarded the passage (I mean, that's what trolls DO, you know?).

The idea is, the cleric was an adventurer, and when he retired he came back to this place (which had never been settled because of the troll) with his followers and started a small village.

Map is hand-drawn (during Intermediate Russian & finished in Contemporary Fiction), so forgive me my handwriting and the sketchiness of it. Two things I'm not sure about:

1) How much farmland is needed. Between livestock + crops, to support a 60-person village...?

2) What buildings there would be. I've a watermill, lumberjack, cartwright/carpenter, hunter/butcher, smith (not specialized in weapons, but can make them if needed), baker, storehouse, stables (for non-farm animals), tavern?, barracks, common theatre?, church (sun-god), brick kiln, and clay quarry; also a small dock and a relatively unknown nobleman's estate. Oh, and off the page, a small shrine to a different god (of nature).

Any and all advice would be greatly appreciated. This is my current major project, so I'll probably actually update it from time to time.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Image (42).jpg 
Views:	233 
Size:	787.3 KB 
ID:	13061  
    Both of my main programs are free! Find them here:
    SketchUp 7
    Kerkythea
    Note that you need a SketchUp to Kerkythea exporter, which can be found on the Kerkythea website.