Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Help request for article about RPG medieval maps

Post So be the primary author and...

So, Pyrandon, be the primary author of the work, but take on contributing authors from other members, especially industry leaders; troll the best of the old threads, include the new "cartography vocabulary" thread as a glossary of terms, have tutorials created using multiple mapping and graphics applications to illustrate points throughout this work.

Set the direction and be the editor. If you ask nicely, I'm sure those members with the technical and professional background will contribute.

Make it available as a PDF, but also sell it - print-on-demand or Amazon printed, with all proceeds going to cartographersguild.com

Coming up with a defined work would help promote this site as a major contributor into the cartography industry, give us "swag", and help fund server costs and any other expenses. Perhaps create a fund shared by all Fantaseum sites... just thoughts. Or give it away!

Or let it pay for a Gencon and other Con Booths for the guild... ideas.
    Last edited by Gamerprinter; 12-24-2007 at 02:21 AM. Reason: Con point
    Gamer Printshop Publishing, Starfinder RPG modules and supplements, Map Products, Map Symbol Sets and Map Making Tutorial Guide
    DrivethruRPG store

Artstation Gallery - Maps and 3D illustrations

Great ideas, GP, thanks. We community leaders have been toying with many publishing/fund raising ideas for some time now--including many you mention, albeit not surrounding my little article but rather other avenues and products. As you say, the use of moneys earned is negotiable, but we can always use to to pay for site upkeep/software, and a con booth would be sweet, too.

Thanks so much for your input!
    Last edited by pyrandon; 12-24-2007 at 10:59 AM.
    Don
    My gallery is here
    __________________________________________________ _______
    "Keep your mind in hell, but despair not." --Saint Silouan [1866-1938]

Post I see an entire bookshelf of manuals

I see the possibility more than one manual. Your Midieval mapping Sourcebook, a Sci-Fi mapping manual, historical mapping manual, map-making with GIMP, Inkscape, PS, PSP, Xara - over time of course and by multiple authors, are all possibilities in Cartographers Guild publications.

By publishing map reference material - we become more than a forum, with greater acceptance in the larger cartography community.

I see other possibilities too - but I'm getting away from "this particular article and direction towards publication..."
    Gamer Printshop Publishing, Starfinder RPG modules and supplements, Map Products, Map Symbol Sets and Map Making Tutorial Guide
    DrivethruRPG store

Artstation Gallery - Maps and 3D illustrations

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12