Thread: Homeworld Universe Map

Post Homeworld Universe Map

I don't think many of you are familiar at all with Relic Entertainment's Homeworld, but suffice to say they didn't provide a very clear and concise map of their universe. So I decided to make one.

This originally started out as a map for a modification of "Homeworld 2", but differences with the creative team there forced me away. I returned to the map and made it into what you see here.

It was constructed by what I could find from concept art and maps that were given in two of the three games (the third is questionable in regard to canonical). Suffice to say, even THIS map is inaccurate, and I have another version on hold that draws from even more sources I and others have managed to extract from the game.

Even Relic has commented on it, wondering if a final version was ever going to be completed.

Be warned that the image is a little big...
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	HomeworldMapv1.png 
Views:	1229 
Size:	1.93 MB 
ID:	13100  

Community Leader Facebook Connected Ascension's Avatar

Wow, that's pretty darn cool. Hope we see more.
    If the radiance of a thousand suns was to burst at once into the sky, that would be like the splendor of the Mighty One...I am become Death, the Shatterer of worlds.
    -J. Robert Oppenheimer (father of the atom bomb) alluding to The Bhagavad Gita (Chapter 11, Verse 32)

My Maps ~ My Brushes ~ My Tutorials ~ My Challenge Maps

Community Leader Facebook Connected Steel General's Avatar

About all I know about HomeWorld is that YES wrote some of the soundtrack.

Nice job... have some more 'rep' for uploading a map in your very first post *bonk*
    My Finished Maps | My Challenge Maps | Still poking around occasionally...

Unless otherwise stated by me in the post, all work is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-Noncommercial 3.0 United States License.

Nice map! I played Homeworld 1 and 2 and loved the game. Hopefully Homeworld 3 comes out soon.
    Regards,

Jim

My Maps

Another Homeworld player here. I think I even reviewed it for what was then the largest gaming magazine in the Netherlands.

Great map and you have been repped! Lots of flavor and it's really cool looking.
    Check out my City Designer 3 tutorials. See my fantasy (city) maps in this thread.

Gandwarf has fallen into shadow...

Hey, Norsehound! Glad to see you made your way here, and excellent choice of a map to post in your first post. Thought you might like it here.

Can't wait to see more.

-asp