Thread: April - May: The Wizard and the Priest

Guild Member

Post April - May: The Wizard and the Priest

This is a map for my epic campaign. It's located in a pocket dimension and thus insertable in any city/country area. The house doesn't need windows, as the light is magical inside and outside the house.

A young Elf couple lives here, he's a wizard with a tendency for books and weird experiments, she's a priest focused on healing, trying to create a herb garden in their "outside" space but finds it hard to do without real sunlight.

The pillows are magical dream pillows the priest sells or gives away, and the small pond is actually a teleport point (but the water is real so visitors end up wet). The outhouse stores the waste somewhere until you shrink the house back to pocket size, then a pile of you-know-what will be left behind, much to the surprise of the neighbours who likely never noticed the presence of the house.

There are a few spots in the hedge where you an get through if you know how, but that only works if the place is put somewhere where there is natural vegetation, i.e. a bush, another hedge or a wall grown over with ivy.

The couple is quite rich but does not like to show it. Most money is spend on the wizard's experiments and book collections. The wizard's cupboards are mostly magical so there is much more storage place than meets the eye. He has actually gotten lost in them twice.

http://www.krath.org/arania/map_lite_april_may_09.jpg
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	map_lite_april_may_09-b.JPG 
Views:	102 
Size:	3.05 MB 
ID:	13205  
    Last edited by Lwaxana; 05-10-2009 at 02:06 PM.

Wow, lots of pillows
    I like the map and backstory. I love the chests with treasures! Have some rep.
    Check out my City Designer 3 tutorials. See my fantasy (city) maps in this thread.

Gandwarf has fallen into shadow...