Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: A new world map, untitled

The whole coastline is so same. Every continent or island has the same shape of coasts. And rivers have same density over the map. All big landmasses have approx same size. But the looks are good, I suppose.

Community Leader Facebook Connected Ascension's Avatar

Here's where I'm at today. Lightened up the burn and grunge a little, redid the fonts (making it look like there have been a few translations of an older, original text), made the sigils and stones. I'd like to put in some handwritten notes in the various fonts, maybe a few diagrams, towns with names, roads, country borders, and some important sites with names. Lastly, I want to put in some names of the various magic map's owners and trace out some of their routes, with dates, where they've hopped around the world. So it looks like the hard work is still ahead of me.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Untitled-1.jpg 
Views:	67 
Size:	2.54 MB 
ID:	13224  
    If the radiance of a thousand suns was to burst at once into the sky, that would be like the splendor of the Mighty One...I am become Death, the Shatterer of worlds.
    -J. Robert Oppenheimer (father of the atom bomb) alluding to The Bhagavad Gita (Chapter 11, Verse 32)

My Maps ~ My Brushes ~ My Tutorials ~ My Challenge Maps

Community Leader Facebook Connected Steel General's Avatar

That is much better I think.
    My Finished Maps | My Challenge Maps | Still poking around occasionally...

Unless otherwise stated by me in the post, all work is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-Noncommercial 3.0 United States License.

Well I've gotten sick of Vista crashing my Photoshop, the magic wand tool and paint bucket tool crash so I won't be doing countries. Spent most of my time trying to find fixes on the Adobe boards so I didn't really do much tonight except lighten it up a lil bit more and tweak a few things here n there. Hopefully I can do more tomorrow, if the techies answer my queries as to why it takes 4 minutes and 53 seconds to load the darn program and how to stop the crashing. Thinking about the fact that this map is supposed to be quite old and handed down over generations to the new high wizard-type dude I don't think that I want to do countries as those borders would change often...same goes for towns. Instead, I think that I'll put in some smaller sigils for things like "show ley lines" (ie magic spots), "show sentient population density" (ie where people are concentrated), and maybe some others but I don't have any ideas for what they'd be.

Views:	79 
Size:	2.31 MB 
ID:	13240  
    Last edited by Ascension; 05-12-2009 at 01:31 AM.
    If the radiance of a thousand suns was to burst at once into the sky, that would be like the splendor of the Mighty One...I am become Death, the Shatterer of worlds.
    -J. Robert Oppenheimer (father of the atom bomb) alluding to The Bhagavad Gita (Chapter 11, Verse 32)

I really do like this map. And as this map belongs to magicians they might want to map totally different things than the normal map users (like some magical phenomenons occurring in certain areas or magical relics etc).

I was thinking something along the lines of known dragon lairs or something like that...

Unless otherwise stated by me in the post, all work is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-Noncommercial 3.0 United States License.

Another beautiful creation. I really like the stains and weathered look of this map.

Here's where I'm at on this...mostly just decorating. Not a big fan of decorating (I call the fops who come to my shop "inferior" decorators) but that's exactly what I have to do here to make it look like it's been used for centuries. I want to put in some moon phases and sun stages and then the labeling and call it done. Gonna use a font for the moon but I will have to do some research on the sun. Used a brush, posted in the elements section, on arcane circles. Could probably use some more linear diagrams but I can't find any good ones.

Views:	66 
Size:	2.34 MB 
ID:	13332  

Well done my friend... you could call it done right now as far as I'm concerned.

Guild Applicant

Wow! I have a long way to go. Great Job.

Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast