Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: *** May Challenge - Prize List from rpgtonight.com

Community Leader Guild Sponsor Gidde's Avatar

Thanks, GP and Ascension, for the ideas ... I still have quite a large talent deficiency, but I may throw my hat in the ring just for practice

Quote Originally Posted by Gidde View Post
    Thanks, GP and Ascension, for the ideas ... I still have quite a large talent deficiency, but I may throw my hat in the ring just for practice
    But that's the real point of participating in a challenge here. Yes there are prizes this time, when usually its just an ego prize and a badge. The true purpose of a mapping challenge is to get you to try and do a map in a limited period of time - so you can learn and improve your mapping skills.

I can honestly say, I've learned the most in cartographic work by participating in challenges. Many of the techniques I've learned directly apply to professional commissions I am getting now.

Its worthwhile to participate even if you never win - its the exercise of mapping that is the important thing here!

GP
    Gamer Printshop Publishing, Starfinder RPG modules and supplements, Map Products, Map Symbol Sets and Map Making Tutorial Guide
    DrivethruRPG store

Artstation Gallery - Maps and 3D illustrations

Community Leader Facebook Connected Steel General's Avatar

OK, I may have come up with an idea - now to find time to work on it.
    My Finished Maps | My Challenge Maps | Still poking around occasionally...

Unless otherwise stated by me in the post, all work is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-Noncommercial 3.0 United States License.

Quote Originally Posted by Gamerprinter View Post
    Well the challenge is intended to be used in a Virtual Terrain application, in this case, RPGTonight for the purpose of a chase scene in an RPG game - so how could that not be appropriate???

Unless you mean the prizes - and you must be pulling our legs with that comment!

GP
    yes just teasing they look great...... i think i will join.....
    chase scenes are always trouble in a game as playing area does not always match needed battle area.... but i got a few ideas....

maybe i missed it but is there a specific suite of software we should use? handdrawn? etc.

Post No restrictions beyond those already mentioned

Quote Originally Posted by lobsternooberg View Post
    yes just teasing they look great...... i think i will join.....
    chase scenes are always trouble in a game as playing area does not always match needed battle area.... but i got a few ideas....

maybe i missed it but is there a specific suite of software we should use? handdrawn? etc.
    No other restrictions. We've had past entries done in play-doh with a photo of it for a map. Look at Torstan's though he's using a drawing tablet, its very much a hand-drawn design. While mine is created using vector software with photo textures for "color". You could use Campaign Cartographer, Dundjinni, GIMP, Photoshop, or Crayola Crayons - whichever method works best for you.

You only need to meet the final dimension, file size and ppi restrictions is all.

GP
    Gamer Printshop Publishing, Starfinder RPG modules and supplements, Map Products, Map Symbol Sets and Map Making Tutorial Guide
    DrivethruRPG store

Artstation Gallery - Maps and 3D illustrations

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12