Thread: Myrland - by November

Threaded View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

Post Myrland - by November

Hello, forum dwellers.

Making maps and levels for game was my passion from the very beginning. I tried myself in making maps for such games as Starcraft/Warcraft, Allods, Heroes of Might and Magic, etc. But only a month ago I decided to make a map as a image. Your site was really helpful since it was the first time ever I tried to draw something in graphical editors.

For this map I used GIMP 2.6 and some of brushes I found here. It is an attempt on a fan-art of a MMORPG called Mortal Online, which is not released yet. Because of this reason my map has a lack of names and places, but I tried to be correct at maximum with a description, given on MO forum.

Am posting this map here because I need some feedbacks on techniques I used. Also I haven't managed to create some additional pictures like ships, sea monsters, pretty looking boards with information and other things that can be easily found on each second old-style map, so looking forward for your comments and, maybe, it will help me to progress as a mapmaker.

Here is my map:
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Myrland_second.jpg 
Views:	1723 
Size:	1.56 MB 
ID:	13174