Page 3 of 58 FirstFirst 12345671353 ... LastLast

Thread: Mouse vs. tablet

I've had a WACOM for about seven months. My only suggestion would be to get as big as you are comfortable putting on your desk (or lap for that matter). I typically only pull it out when I'm drawing, and I typically re-arrange the desk slightly (by pushing the keyboard further away so that typing on it almost becomes irritating) in order to have the tablet right in front of me.

One comment: It takes some getting used to (hand-eye issues), but once that is resolved, you will never go back.

I'm not too concerned about the hand-eye issues. I was a CAD draftsman for many years and used a puck for many of those so I'm expecting those old muscles to reactivate.
    Bill Stickers is innocent! It isn't Bill's fault that he was hanging out in the wrong place.

Please make an effort to tag all threads. This will greatly enhance the usability of the forums.

Well, right on, with that:

http://www.wacom.com/cintiq/21UX.cfm

at $2500USD MSRP.

...Now all I have to do is find one at 1/10th the cost.

Quote Originally Posted by RobA View Post
    Well if prive is really not an option...

at $2500USD MSRP.

-Rob A>
    Quote Originally Posted by The Cartographist View Post
    Well, right on, with that:

at $2500USD MSRP.

...Now all I have to do is find one at 1/10th the cost.
    While I could buy that, I don't think I will. As I mentioned, I don't want to go overboard and get something that I won't use all the features of. Even the next model down would be overkill I think not to mention I wouldn't want to lug that and a laptop around.

What I'm looking more for are recommendations of features and use. For example, if you have one, are you satisfied with it or do you wish you got a different model and why?
    Bill Stickers is innocent! It isn't Bill's fault that he was hanging out in the wrong place.

Please make an effort to tag all threads. This will greatly enhance the usability of the forums.

After researching and reading for about the last hour and a half I think I'm going to go with this one:
    http://direct.wacom.com/stores/5/Int...n_P1222C83.cfm

That way I can also get the new version of PhotoShop and still pay off my Christmas present debt.

Does anyone have an Intous3 and what do they think of it? Is it worth getting over the Graphire?

Quote Originally Posted by ravells View Post
    I have an intuous (not sure if it's a 3) but as I've never had a graphire, I can't compare...sorry!
    No worries. Just tell me what you think of your Intous.

I love it. Mine is A4 sized. If you want to do fine art stuff with long strokes then a bigger tablet is better. If not, then you can use a smaller one (e.g. A5 sized). As The Cartographist (whom I shall from now refer to as TC to save my poor typing fingers) said, if you get a bigger tablet you need space on the table for it and it means pushing the keyboard elsewhere. A smaller tablet is less of a problem.

Quote Originally Posted by RPMiller View Post
    Does anyone have an Intous3 and what do they think of it? Is it worth getting over the Graphire?
    Found this comparison site that looks good: http://graphicssoft.about.com/od/abo...osgraphire.htm

The I being considered a professional tool, and the G being a casual/prosumer tool, the big differences (I over G) are (picked from the referenced site):
    - Higher resolution results in smoother, more precise cursor movements.
    - Double the pressure sensitivity.
    - Tilt sensitivity.
    - 4 ExpressKeys (versus 2 on Graphire4).
    - Touch Strip (versus finger-operated scroll wheel on Graphire4).
    - A wide-format 6x11 size is available for multiple monitor and widescreen display users. (which would overcome my previous comment on the graphire)

-Rob A>

Page 3 of 58 FirstFirst 12345671353 ... LastLast