Page 4 of 57 FirstFirst 123456781454 ... LastLast

Thread: Mouse vs. tablet

My wife has an A5 (Wacom) pad. I could never get to grips with it due to the pad controlling the cursor even at a distance from the surface of the pad. Personally, I'd like a pad that didn't have this, but only had cursor control when touched to the pad surface. Ideally, pen thickness would be controlled by pressure of the stylus on the pad. Are there any pads like this, or do they all work on the hover mode?
    Google Groups for FGII Games:
    European FG2 RPG - Fridays & Sundays (8pm UK time)
    Using Ultimate FGII and can accept unlicensed player connections on some of the games

Pressure sensitivity is a function of the software. AFAIK, all of the wacoms support this if set up. Only angle sensitivity is a feature of the higher end models. Though A5 is the size, not the model... is it a Graphire or an Intuos?

-Rob A>

I would think a Graphire, it's a fairly basic model. The major issue I had with it was the float over the surface control of the cursor. I hated it. I want a tablet that only works when pen hits the surface. I couldn't find anything in the settings to stop this.
    Using Ultimate FGII and can accept unlicensed player connections on some of the games

Sounds like I just won't get on with any tablet then. I just want something that works like pen and paper.

I found the tablet really awkward for the first couple of weeks, but once I got used to it, it was just magic. I tend to use it when I need to do freehand work, but I'll still use the mouse when dealing with menus and such.

Don't think I've got the patience for two weeks, after two hours I was ready to throw the stylus through the screen.

Really depends on the use - I never use the pen for vector work cause I can not come up with any way to make it NOT move when I click by pressing the tip down.

But for sketching type work, I honestly can't say anyting bad about it

-Rob A>

Question

Since I don't know the difference between an A5 or A6 size, I'll post the specifics of the tablet. Also, do you all think I need the extra tips and pen that come with the Special Edition? It is only $30 more so I figure it is probably worth it.

Intuos3 6x11 Special Edition
    In celebration of Wacom's 25th Anniversary, the Intuos3 6x11 Special Edition offers a new metallic black color color scheme, additional Classic pen, additional transparant overlay, and a professional accessory kit. With a cool new look and valuable accessories, the Intuos3 SE promises to bring the work of digital content creation to a new level of enjoyment for the serious designer, photographer, and artist.

Each Package Includes:
    • Intuos3 SE 6x11 pen tablet
    • Grip Pen
    • Classic Pen
    • Transparent overlay
    • Pen stand
    • Professional accessory kit (includes: 5 Standard nibs, 5 Felt nibs, 5 Stroke nibs, 5 Flex nibs, an alternate Pen Grip without sideswitch holes, a nib removal tool, and a replacement side switch)
    • Five-button mouse
    • Application software DVD
    • Driver CD with electronic hardware manual
    • Quick Start Guide and access to Wacom Privileges for valuable partner offers
    Bill Stickers is innocent! It isn't Bill's fault that he was hanging out in the wrong place.

Please make an effort to tag all threads. This will greatly enhance the usability of the forums.

Quote Originally Posted by Valarian View Post
    My wife has an A5 (Wacom) pad. I could never get to grips with it due to the pad controlling the cursor even at a distance from the surface of the pad. Personally, I'd like a pad that didn't have this, but only had cursor control when touched to the pad surface. Ideally, pen thickness would be controlled by pressure of the stylus on the pad. Are there any pads like this, or do they all work on the hover mode?
    Hm... That could be frustrating... Do the rest of you see this behavior as being true with your setups?
    Bill Stickers is innocent! It isn't Bill's fault that he was hanging out in the wrong place.

Please make an effort to tag all threads. This will greatly enhance the usability of the forums.

Page 4 of 57 FirstFirst 123456781454 ... LastLast