Thread: Quangor - land of the Flow

Wip Quangor - land of the Flow

This is one of our rpg-projects which I decided to share with you. This first map is the country of Calimia, one of five countries in Quangor. The maps are drawn as they are because they represent the local geographer's conception and include the Flow beams (Tsi-virtauksen säde and Tietovirtauksen säde which are a phenomenon of local Flow magic. The Maailmanlaita (World's end) mountain range is by the sea like that on purpose because it has been made that way and has some huge strange letters on the cliff surface.

I'm sorry the names on this map are in finnish because they complete it and I'm not fluent enough in english to translate their spirit.

This continent is formed in an apocalypse that happened in modern times Earth and our Call of Cthulhu game actually ended in the event when our characters failed stopping the event. And yes, that's an elder sign on compass rose. It is used as the emblem of the Guild that governs academia and Flow magic usage.

The original map in picture is about a meter by meter on paper so it's impossible to scan I'm planning to redo most of this continent in photoshop.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	calimia_halfscale.jpg 
Views:	113 
Size:	2.94 MB 
ID:	13234   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	quangor.jpg 
Views:	94 
Size:	305.7 KB 
ID:	13235  

Publisher Facebook Connected bartmoss's Avatar
    Blog Entries

Nice work there. The squid on the overview map is a nice touch.

I think some of your rivers in the eastern part of the continent need revising but it's a little hard to say on the low res map.

The rivers on the regional map should be stronger - it's very very hard to see them against the ackground.

I seem to have forgotten to mention that I'm doing a digital revision of the hand-drawn thing which is more of an art piece than a map.

Quote Originally Posted by pickaboo View Post

The original map in picture is about a meter by meter on paper so it's impossible to scan I'm planning to redo most of this continent in photoshop.
    One way to get your large hand drawn picture into digital format is to take a picture of it with your digital camera. Of course the result is not as good as with scanner, but at least worth trying.

Nice to see so many fellow Finlanders here...

Publisher Facebook Connected bartmoss's Avatar
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by pasis View Post
    One way to get your large hand drawn picture into digital format is to take a picture of it with your digital camera. Of course the result is not as good as with scanner, but at least worth trying.
    Think that's what he did.

Quote Originally Posted by bartmoss View Post
    Think that's what he did.
    What was I thinking???

I must add that I do have digital photographs of every region of that map that I'm going to use as basis. Obviously I will also revise the rivers and some terrain on ps.

Administrator Facebook Connected Robbie's Avatar
    Blog Entries

Love the elder sign...I have one tattooed on my back between my shoulder blades in black and red...its the same one from the inside fly page of the Simon Necronomicon. Yay!
    All Hail FlappyMap! Long Live MapFeed!

Robbie Powell - Site Admin

Community Leader Facebook Connected Steel General's Avatar

Looking forward to seeing more of your work.
    My Finished Maps | My Challenge Maps | Still poking around occasionally...

Unless otherwise stated by me in the post, all work is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-Noncommercial 3.0 United States License.

Thanks I think I'll have the time to start doing the region to the north of my first map today.. I hope my computer will be able to handle it since it will be slightly bigger than Calimia.