Thread: AvatarArt.com proposition.

Post AvatarArt.com proposition.

I have just been contacted by Mythic Designs and AvatarArt.com through my MySpace page (which I never visit anymore.)

Though they are looking for a specific mapping commission from me, that's why they contacted me. They brought up another idea as well.

AvatarArt.com creates art and portraits for use in publications and for individual gamers for PC portraits as a primary business. They want to introduce map-making services, but would prefer to work directly with my "company" under Gamer Printshop.

They perceive, however, that there might be more map commission work available than I could possibly do on my own.

Being that that is the case, I approached them with the idea, that I work around a stable of master fantasy cartographers, who together should be able to meet their map commission requirements. So I plan to contact various mappers here (including Torstan and others) as commission workload exceeds my capability.

Perhaps with the idea as serving as a Pro Fantasy Map Studio, with my own team of cartographers that I pass work onto as it becomes available. When I can't handle the commission myself that is. I guess I am sort of creating a business with mapper subcontractors, with the possibility of having work for many guild members.

Thoughts?

GP
    Gamer Printshop Publishing, Starfinder RPG modules and supplements, Map Products, Map Symbol Sets and Map Making Tutorial Guide
    DrivethruRPG store

Artstation Gallery - Maps and 3D illustrations

Blog Entries

That sounds really cool. I am overloaded with work at mo - no sign of the credit crunch over here in my yard. I think its that with everyone getting the boot there's no one left to do any of the work - sigh... still things can always change and quite rapidly too. Let me know about big seamless terrain and I might be able to do something.

Community Leader Facebook Connected Steel General's Avatar

I'm more than happy to help out if you need me.
    My Finished Maps | My Challenge Maps | Still poking around occasionally...

Unless otherwise stated by me in the post, all work is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-Noncommercial 3.0 United States License.

I would love to do any work that you need done.
    My Map Portfolio
    -----
    Unless otherwise stated, all my work is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-Noncommercial 3.0 United States License.

Count me in! I'm also available for the portrait/illustration type work.

Post Sent you a PM

Quote Originally Posted by misteradam View Post
    Count me in! I'm also available for the portrait/illustration type work.
    Misteradam,

I sent you a PM on a different, but slightly related matter. Look at the top right of the window, beneath the masthead for a link to your PM, OK?

GP
    Gamer Printshop Publishing, Starfinder RPG modules and supplements, Map Products, Map Symbol Sets and Map Making Tutorial Guide
    DrivethruRPG store

Artstation Gallery - Maps and 3D illustrations