Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: LisaJane from Zeppelin Games

Guild Novice

Post LisaJane from Zeppelin Games

Hello all,
    As you've probably worked out My name is LisaJane and I have recently become an organiser for a LRP group in Victoria (Australia) called Zeppelin Games. I've developed a bit of a curiosity in map making over the past couple of years so I've taken it on myself to begin the difficult task of creating the first maps for the world in which our game will be set.

This will be my first real map making exercise. When I started this project I was planning to just draw what I wanted & throw any sort of realism out the window. But then I started researching it all a bit to try & find some inspiration and the next thing I know I'm completely obsessed I've doubled my work load & I've stared redesigning the compass.

It was through this research I happened upon this site & instantly wanted to join. I think its a wonderful thing, to help & teach people about creating maps. I was even happier to discover that a number of the posters are role players or GM's themselves.

I look forward to all the mapping & discussing of maps I'll get to do with you guys in the near future.

Great Stuff!

Welcome to the Guild!
    Daniel the Neon Knight: Campaign Cartographer User

Never use a big word when a diminutive one will suffice!

Any questions on CC3? Post them with CC3 in the Subject Line!
    MY 'FAMOUS' CC3 MAPS: Thunderspire; Pyramid of Shadows; King of the Trollhaunt Warrens; Demon Queen's Enclave

Community Leader Facebook Connected Ascension's Avatar

Glad to have ya here. Hope you have fun and learn some new things.
    If the radiance of a thousand suns was to burst at once into the sky, that would be like the splendor of the Mighty One...I am become Death, the Shatterer of worlds.
    -J. Robert Oppenheimer (father of the atom bomb) alluding to The Bhagavad Gita (Chapter 11, Verse 32)

My Maps ~ My Brushes ~ My Tutorials ~ My Challenge Maps

Community Leader Facebook Connected Steel General's Avatar

Welcome Aboard!
    My Finished Maps | My Challenge Maps | Still poking around occasionally...

Unless otherwise stated by me in the post, all work is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-Noncommercial 3.0 United States License.

Administrator Facebook Connected Robbie's Avatar
    Blog Entries

Zeppelin games...I saw that and came running in here...what exactly is zeppelin games? Is that a company or a gaming group? got a website?
    All Hail FlappyMap! Long Live MapFeed!

Robbie Powell - Site Admin

Post hello's

hi lisa,

i have played dnd my whole life..... and loved it so much i went into cartography as a career and am making an rpg for print.....

welcome

Community Leader Guild Sponsor Gidde's Avatar

Welcome to the guild!

Guild Novice

Wow, thank you all very much for your warm welcome.

@ravells
    Yes, I've found its presented some interesting challenges so far.

@ Arcana
    Zeppelin Games is a very recently formed LRP Group (or LARP as I beleive its referred to in other parts of the world). We are very new, and no we don't have a website - yet. We plan to run our first event in October, so naturally we need to have lots of stuff finished by then including a website & Maps. As you may have guessed one of our major themes is steam punk.

Community Leader Facebook Connected Ascension's Avatar

If you need some help, there are a lot of steam punks here in hiding, or is it steam punkers? At any rate, I'm sure they'll crawl out of the woodwork if you but ask. I know next to nothing about it except for that one video game, something arcanum.
    If the radiance of a thousand suns was to burst at once into the sky, that would be like the splendor of the Mighty One...I am become Death, the Shatterer of worlds.
    -J. Robert Oppenheimer (father of the atom bomb) alluding to The Bhagavad Gita (Chapter 11, Verse 32)

My Maps ~ My Brushes ~ My Tutorials ~ My Challenge Maps

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast