Thread: Google map without labels

Post Google map without labels

Hi,

Does anyone know how to get a Google map without labels on it? I mean all labels, streets, regions, bodies of water, etc.

Alternately, does anyone have a good style pack or map done in CC2 or CC3 to emulate this style?

Thanks.

yes but you need to use the API .
    I assume they use a arcgis server 9.3 and write in c# or c++. you will have to custom label using the ilabelengine interface (i think)........... this is best guess as i do not have the api nor any experience developing with it.... though i do have development xp with ESRI and whatnot's ..... thats the technical term ............

that said i tried logggin in to my iggole account and went into google maps but couldnt find any easy option to toggle it..... though through the api you could easily create one........ i believe they water mark all their stuff though so a print w/o labels for a home brew map may say GOOGLE on it

good luck

Community Leader Facebook Connected Ascension's Avatar

I just turn off the layers in my google earth (click the lil checkmark by the things you want to turn off). Then take a screenshot (hold down the shift key and hit the "print screen" key). This places a copy into memory, open your graphic program and hit edit > paste. I don't like the blocky look of Google so I prefer FlashEarth.com.
    If the radiance of a thousand suns was to burst at once into the sky, that would be like the splendor of the Mighty One...I am become Death, the Shatterer of worlds.
    -J. Robert Oppenheimer (father of the atom bomb) alluding to The Bhagavad Gita (Chapter 11, Verse 32)

My Maps ~ My Brushes ~ My Tutorials ~ My Challenge Maps

i guess that works too

Many thanks for sharing good info…!!!)
    Last edited by Hydeyulse; 11-11-2014 at 03:03 PM.