I want to have just circles/dots to indicate cities (instead of the
    symbols). Do I have to create my own symbol set or is there
    an easy method?

Just Drawing circles does not work because they need to have
    the exact width.

Thanks for help.

Administrator Facebook Connected Robbie's Avatar
    Blog Entries

Well just drawing circles should work because you can draw the circles any size you want...just set the fill style to solid and the color to whatever and draw away. Just remember that for a city thats 2 miles across you make a circle with a radius of 1 mile.

Given CC3's realistic scaling system I don't see where you'd b having a problem...but I may be misunderstanding your question also.
    All Hail FlappyMap! Long Live MapFeed!

Robbie Powell - Site Admin

If I want to draw a circle for a city I have to do it free handed - which unfortunately results in a different radius for each city. Is there a way to draw circles with always the same radius?

Guild Apprentice

i don't use cc3 but isn't there a copy feature? if so just copy then paste elsewhere.

if you use Gimp or PS you could PNG files of circles very easily.

Everything in CC can be drawn with absolute values. When you draw a circle you have several different options available. Point and diameter, center and radius, three points, etc. Look at the drawing menu under circle and also at the command line at the bottom you can enter values.

The option of copy/paste is definitely there as is simply creating a symbol catalog using the symbols you want to use.

As a side note, I believe the Modern Symbol Set already has the circles and dots that you are looking for.
    Bill Stickers is innocent! It isn't Bill's fault that he was hanging out in the wrong place.

Please make an effort to tag all threads. This will greatly enhance the usability of the forums.

Administrator Facebook Connected Robbie's Avatar
    Blog Entries

yes, and once you get a circle the size you like it (or even a multi-piece circle that contains a color and an outline turned into a symbol) you can use the copy command to copy them as many times as you like from whatever center point you wish.
    All Hail FlappyMap! Long Live MapFeed!

Robbie Powell - Site Admin

Is this the sort of thing that you're looking for: http://members.aol.com/WorldBelmyr/h...ighyr_map.html

The file is downloadable from the website downloads area: http://members.aol.com/WorldBelmyr/html/downloads.html
    Google Groups for FGII Games:
    European FG2 RPG - Fridays & Sundays (8pm UK time)
    Using Ultimate FGII and can accept unlicensed player connections on some of the games

I believe you can just make symbols out of your circles

If you are looking for circle symbols for CC2/CC3, there is a free catalog of Greyhawk map symbols at Profantasy's Website:

http://www.profantasy.com/library/de...tart=1&Image=5

It has the basic black circle, plus some more fancy ones if you feel like jazzing it up a bit.